Fibaro Smart Implant FGBS-222 door garage

Hi everybody !

I installed a smart implant on my garage door. The smart implant is fonctionnel the only problem is that I have to press the button in my homey App once to start the opening, then a second time to reset the button to zero and then I’m obliged to repeat the same manipulation to stop or close my garage . I would therefore like to configure my push button in the homey App but it seems impossible in the Fibaro settings. I managed to do this with “virtual device” application by setting up a push button and a flow (turn on then turn off with a delay of one second) but I would like to do it directly on the Fibaro smart implant. In the Fibaro documentation they talk about setting 20 but this setting does not appear in the smart implant setting on homey. ( Could this be because it is reserved for people who have a fibaro box?)

Anyone have an idea?

Indeed, for connection with gate/garage opener you need to change both parameters 20 and 156 (or 21 and 157 depending of what input/output you use)
Using the below values:

It would be a very long list under the Advanced Settings page as such sensor has lots and lots of settings.
Lucky, you can use the raw parameters :grinning:
Under the Advanced settings of your Fibaro Implant and under “Raw Configuration Parameters” write the required data. In your case 20,1,2; 156,2,1
This is for Input1/Output1. Same for Input2/Output2 if you use this combination then just use 21 and 157.
Short explanation, 20 is Parameter, 1 is length (1byte) and 2 is the Value. All this from the Fibaro Manual.

Good luck and hope it helps.

P.S. After writing the above data don’t forget to click on the tick sign, top write corner :heavy_check_mark:

Thanks for your clear response, this will be very very helpful !!! :+1:

I was sure that homey would have thought of everything !

The English speaking community is much more reactive than the French.

PS: Praying for Australia :pray: :earth_asia:

1 Like

Cheers for that!

Hello. I am trying to input hte raw parameters but for some reason, I only have the Back button after pasting these parameters. After pushing on BACK The “Check” sign is off!

Any suggestion?

That’s perhaps because you’ve already written those parameters before.
Try for example invert them and write them manually rather than copy/paste. Like have 156,2,1; 20,1,2

I tried it manually as well. It just cannot sunlit them.

Don’t use spaces in between the two items.

1 Like

Thanks. That works

1 Like

Sending the RAW parameters worked indeed by removing the spaces… However it did not solve my issue. I am activating the door via a flow that toggles the button.

that is working for me for now.

I have recently got the smart implant working on a garage door and my automatic gates using a cheap reed switch attached to the inputs to provide an alarm indication as to their opened/closed state.

If you are still having problems I am happy to try and help.

Hey Peter,

Can you provide some more info on your setup. I’ve got a similar setup that I’m about to finalise, so would be interested to hear how you set yours up.

I have a button connected to my gate (OSC) and I want to add a magnetic reed switch to show when the gate is open in addition to being able to run flows to open/close the gate remotely.

Cheers

Read this post and get back to me if you have any further questions or help.

Hey Peter,

Thanks for that - I’ve had a read through and my set up is working ok.

Did you have your physical button connected to Input 1 or just did you just bypass the Smart Implant?

I have set mine up with the sensor being on Input 2 just as a NO sensor, but I’m not sure about my physical override button that I’m not sure whether to connect via the smart implant or just leave it connected directly to the gate controller.

Hi,

I didn’t use any physical buttons. I use the inputs to provide an indication of when the gate or garage door opens or closes. To open with a device other than my phone/ipad or Siri I use the original keypads (RF I think).

I’m not sure what you mean by a physical override button, but I have installed an IR beam across the garage door to stop the door closing on my car if parked under the open door. This is connected directly to the garage door opener so bypasses the Smart Insert which it needs to be unless someone used a physical keypad to close the door.

Peter
Was there no Life before there was Twitter?
Was it stodgy, lackluster or bitter?
I find Life too fleeting
To spend time in Tweeting,
I’m a face-to-face kind of a critter!
Larry Eisenberg

| Jetaus
June 27 |

• | - |

Hey Peter,

Thanks for that - I’ve had a read through and my set up is working ok.

Did you have your physical button connected to Input 1 or just did you just bypass the Smart Implant?

I have set mine up with the sensor being on Input 2 just as a NO sensor, but I’m not sure about my physical override button that I’m not sure whether to connect via the smart implant or just leave it connected directly to the gate controller.

I can not get mine to work. Pleased help me.
I know there is connection between app, homey and implant.
Please se my pictures for more information

Did you get this working? What device are you trying to control?

Hello.
Yes, i got mine working. It was not properly implemented the first time it seems like.

Thanks for your reply

I actually read it in another thread just after posting here.
Was it you that had issues with sometimes having to give open/close signal multiple times in order to get the door moving? If so, could you please give some advice on how to solve that?

Yes i had some problems, but fixed it with the raw setting of settings. As you already done it looks like?

Where did you adjust the pulse?
Could you post your settings?