[FAQ][Advanced Flow] Infinite canvas. Infinite creativity

I don’t know if it has to do with AF, but I have a strange behavior.

I made this flow ‘schuurlamp’ to put on the light of my shed using a doorsensor. Sometimes I’m working there for some time and put manualy on the light. To prevent forgetting it I made some extra steps reminding me and switching it off at the end.

Now the strange thing. When I open the door, the light turns on.
After closing the door the light turns off and on right away.
When I opened the door and closed it again there was the same behavior: off and on again.
Does someone has a clue why this is happening?

EDIT:
I add this to the flow:

but still the same problem. Now every minute the light goes off and on again. The timer restarts, as I made in the flow when the light switches on.

Someone here had the same issue: Flow start if something turn on a device
It did got solved, the question that is.

But i guess the issue didn’t get solved.

1 Like

The problem not, but this work arround works!

Device Capabilities App will let you check who or what app, turned on or off a device.
This way you can counteract the weird behaviour.

Does someone also has problems within Advance Flow with Virtual Switches. It looks that the ‘Turn on Mode without trigger’ still get triggered in an advanced flow.

Not sure how you use it, Martin! Seems to work OK here.

This flow does not trigger the notification card, but it turns the device “test Mode” on:

And I used “Start”, not the simulation
Screenshot from 2022-08-12 23-43-52

Just thought i should share that i am happy with advanced flows. Especially that you need less flows since you can use multiple IF and AND

1 Like

We need a better way to share these canvasses…

1 Like

Ask Athom to make a “Share” button, like in the Old Flow Editor.

Hello,

I need some help wit this, why is the betterlogic “Vanmoof gebruik” not set?
Vanmoof nieuw en vanmoof start are set by a nieuw charging session.
Is there a better way to do this maybe with homeys logic?
I also want no calculate the price of the charge.

THX!!!

I think you’ll have to pick the used BL tags in the calculation, not entering their names.
Use the tag icon on the right, to open the variables list

This works:

1 Like

@Peter_Kawa
Yes!!! THX, that does the trick.

Great! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Is is also possible to round it to 2 digits, 1,19 not 1,18656775674556365353

THX!

round([tag1]-[tag2] ,2)
The ,2 defines the number of digits

Search the forum for math. for many other possibilities

1 Like

THX!

Will do that

1 Like

I’m just starting to change my flows to AF so I’m reading through this topic to pick up some how-to ideas.

Am I misunderstanding the ANY-tags? Why are you using them with only 1 condition coming in?
Or this double one?

Some do it to make the flow mor readable. In your first picture you could have the two lines directly from the “Is turned on” card but it would be more messy.

3 Likes

Thanks, that makes sense. I struggle with the lines too sometimes, I might do it this way also :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Indeed, (for now) the only way to force a line to follow a certain path is to use multiple Any-tags.

1 Like

With the black friday sale, I’m considering the purchase of advanced flow. However, I still can’t wrap my head about what advanced flows will bring to me exactly. I have a number of simple flows and haven’t really felt limited by the basic flows with homey pro so far.

What would you say is the most important feature of advanced flow that makes it a worthwhile upgrade to pay for? Would appreciate any example of flows that you have with AF that wasn’t possible before.