Duux stops support for Homey

This might be important for people looking to buy the newest generation Duux products. The Dutch brand has just confirmed it will stop supporting the Duux app for Homey. The current app will still work for the devices mentioned below.

The reason is that the new Tuya 2.4gHz+BLE chip in de newest products does not handle local communication and prevents communication between Homey and Duux products. They will update the app description shortly.

Products that should still work, for now (although in my case none of the products work anymore and the app crashes all the time);

• Whisper Flex
  • Beam 1
  • Beam Mini 1
  • Tube
  • Bright (eerste batch)
  • North
  • Blizzard
  • ThreeSixty 1
  • Bora
1 Like

That is a real bummer, @DuuxBV!
I especially bought my Smart Whisper Flex because of the Homey connection.

Hopefully you will support another developer that wants to further develop the Homey Duux app…!

Well… it’s not their fault. It’s the chipset that makes the connection impossible. Another developer won’t be able to fix that, as I understand it correctly. But the older machines should keep working for now. I’ll clear that up in the post.

That is what I meant: “for now”. The chip in my Whisper Flex won’t change, so it would be nice to maintain the app for those devices that don’t have the chip that causes problems. We waited long enough for @Duux support in Homey after they promised it…

But the devices are smart, right? There’s a Duux or Tuya app that can control them? If that’s the case, perhaps the developer of the Tuya app can add support for them.

That’s what I thought but they said it’s impossible right now. Tuya needs to open op for their implementation. Anyway, let’s hope it’s possible.

I did send an email to Duux and this was the answer on my question.
If the product still will be supported and what happens with the new one.
It is only in Dutch.

Bedankt voor je berichtje. Het is inderdaad helaas duidelijk geworden dat de integratie tussen Homey en de Duux app voor de Edge en Threesixty 2 stopgezet wordt.

Onze Homey-App maakt gebruik van local polling om apparaatstatussen uit te lezen en deze aan te sturen. De nieuwste WiFi-modules (waarvan wij van een externe partij afhankelijk zijn), schakelen middels nieuwe firmware over naar een cloud-based systeem. Helaas gaat dit systeem uit van een voorgedefinieerde set standaardfuncties die niet integreren met Homey. In realiteit houdt dit in dat apparaten enkel nog aan en uit gezet kunnen worden.
Wegens deze reden hebben wij ervoor gekozen om ondersteuning van de Homey App minstens stop te zetten totdat eventuele ondersteuning hiervoor uitgebreid wordt. Hiervoor zijn wij helaas afhankelijk van externe partijen.

Alle apparaten die tot nu toe verbonden zijn met Homey zullen het voorlopig wel gewoon nog blijven doen.

Ik had je graag ander nieuws willen brengen.

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Eind quote.

@Martijn_C , @Mike1233 , @Henk_Renting ,
Like Robert hinted alr: Did you try to add a device to the Tuya Smart mobile app?
When that works, you can control it (partly) with Tuya Cloud app.

Thx for pointing it out again, @Peter_Kawa.
No, I didn’t yet. I have a Duux fan and since the temperature in The Netherlands doesn’t require one anymore, the fan is stored in oir basement. Last time I checked in summer, the Duux app still worked.

YW! How about next month, for blowing the ‘gourmet’ and ‘oilballs’ odors away :rofl:

1 Like

I wrote in the regular Duux thread their answer on my question about the Threesixty 2.
The old devices are compatible with Homey. The new ones are Tuya devices and should work with the Tuya Cloud app.

I added support for heater and thermostat to Tuya cloud app - because this made my Threesixty2 work with Homey :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And if a device is not supported as device in Tuya Cloud, one can use the so called ‘raw commands’ or ‘tap-to-run scenes’ ways to control them with the Tuya Cloud app.

Erg jammer dat Duux niet zelf doet, heb 2 Edge heaters en een Beam 2 en die werken met de oude Duux app maar niet met de Homey plugin. Dus…

Tuya app maar eens geinstalleerd, wat een gedoe… maar goed developer account aangemaakt, alles ingevuld, nog steeds aant testen :grinning:

• Duux Edge 1500 werkt nu via deze methode,
  • Duux Beam (die in tuya app zit) kan ik niet toevoegen in Homey, categorie; Humidifer ontbreekt? Kan de dev van Tuya app die toevoegen aub? :grinning:

Start with following the link I posted above your post :wink:

Hoe heb je de Egde aan de Tuya app gekregen?
Ik krijg t met geen enkele mogelijkheid voor elkaar het is wel een 2000 ipv jouw 1500)…
Ik heb de gen2 die alleen met de nieuwe Duux app werkt.

How did you manage to add the Edge to the Tuya app?
I cannot connect it with every possible way I tried, but I have the 2000 insted of your 1500.
I have the gen2 that only works with the new Duux app.

Translated answer:

First reset the Edge itself, and then start the Tuya app on your mobile, register and add the Edge in Tuya (this will be automatic through wifi) - + Add Device Heater. If it is connected in the app, you can follow the procedure for Homey.

Follow this link for further instructions.

PS. I have a Gen1 that works with the older Duux app. So I don’t know if that is the problem.

Eerst je Edge resetten (de Edge zelf dus) en dan de Tuya app op mobiel starten, registreren en de Edge toevoegen in Tuya (die pakt em zelf op via wifi) - + Add Device - Heater. Als die dan in de app staat, dan kun je dan de procedure voor Homey volgen.

Via deze link de instructies verder volgen.

PS. ik heb een Gen1 die met de oudere Duux app werkt. Dus geen idee of het daaraan ligt.

This is still an english topic. Please translate that orher users can benefit from your posts.

I think it will be the problem that I have the Gen2.
I completely removed the 5GHZ wifi signal in my house to be sure and also tested it with an old 2.4ghz only router.

If somebody has some tips, they are always welcome.

I took a look at the traffic from the app. And it seems Tuya isn’t used anymore as api requests go to v4.api.cloudgarden.nl

I successfully managed to control my gen 2 unit with some manual calls to this api. But you need an oauth token for it. (I captured it from the app)

Edit: I also successfully created a auth token from outside the app. So this should be fairly easy to make into a plugin

1 Like

Hi jonathan,

What do you mean with “easy to make into a plugin”?
i would be very happy to support a way to control my Duux Edge (gen2) with homey.

would that be possible?