Created a MMWave/PIR presence sensor with temp and humidity and luminance

Thanks for the reply. The HLK-LD2410B with Bluetooth is a good option. I’ve hooked up the LD2410B directly to an Aqara Door sensor to simplify the setup. Everything is set up via the HLK radar apps on Android/iOS, and once it’s done, I won’t be touching it anymore. Yes, I had to sacrifice a Zigbee device where cost is a consideration.

I’ve been hesitant to delve into home automation using HA (Home Assistant), as in my personal opinion, running on Homey alone is easier to maintain and has fewer points of failure. However, there’s no doubt that HA has a lot of new features and updates that come out very fast. I think I need to learn HA and ESPHome to keep up with the technology. :sweat_smile:

Regarding the LD2410B, when it’s hooked up to an ESP8266, there are also other options besides HA or ESPHome. One option is using Tasmota MQTT, which allows you to connect lots of air sensors (temperature, humidity, etc.) together with the LD2410B. Additionally, Tasmota has a built-in IR library, so you can build an IR transmitter/receiver and an air sensor with mmWave radar in a small package, with only a Homey Pro needed.

I hope many other Homey users can share how they use the mmWave sensor in this discussion thread.

1 Like

Hi Shiki,

All I can find is HLK radar apps in Mandarin language, did you manage to get an English version of some kind? And if it is a yes, I where to find it?
Nevermind, I just read when the phone’s language is set to English, the app is in English :crazy_face:

2 Likes

im looking for a good housing but can’t find it, most are to big or not very nice to see. where did you get those?

Peter,

do you think this wil work without HA, with the new ESP home app?

Most probably. When I’m in the mood, I will give it a go with the ESPhome app.

A while ago I’ve tried to get it to work fully, with the ESP Easy app, but my questions never got answered by the dev or anyone else, so bye bye ESP Easy app :rofl:.

1 Like

Thanks, that will be nice

I looked at you GitHub link, and bought an esp32 mini s2.
hope I can change my mmWave with doorsensor to one with the esp32

1 Like

Yeah it works, it’s pretty straightforward, but you have to get a bit familiar with the interface.
Only the input sliders aren’t responding yet to changes from Homey to ESPhome, a known bug.

1 Like

thanks, will look in to that when i receive my esp32. :clap:

1 Like

Hey Guys

The app Everything Smart on the app store - Does this mean that you can connect the Everything smart presence sensor directly to Homey Pro without using any other device or app ?

1 Like

can anyone confirm? would be great to try!

1 Like