Conbee 2 phoscon deconz

Maybe a litle offtopic. But I’m going to have deConz on Homey next week

I’ve added all my devices on an Rpi4 with deConz. I have now seen that it runs almost the same channel as my wifi. Can I sort of change my channel from 15 to 26 without all my devices being parried again? I have 93 units :expressionless: jeg bruger phoscon som platform :slightly_smiling_face:

:exploding_head:Thank you very much. Hope it’s ok to ask in here :exploding_head::neutral_face:

Do you have any actual issues with your Zigbee network?

In any case: changing the Zigbee channel may require devices to be re-paired. Some will pick up the new channel automatically, some may not. Also, channel 26 may cause issues as some devices will only accept one of the primary ZLL channels (11, 15, 20, 25).

Hi Robertklep. Thanks for reaching out!
. Yes, I have.Yes, I have. There is a delay on and off. And often my devices fall out and they have to be parried again. I’d say I have a nice zigbee network with a lot of routers.

Could be interference (so changing channels may be a good idea), but could also have other reasons.

For instance, do you have the delay when controlling the devices from Phoscon, or only when controlled from Homey? Also, what types of devices are falling out of your network? Because especially Xiaomi Aqara devices are known to not pick the best router, but to stick with the router that they first paired with (which may not be the best).

I’ve done a lot I first pared all my 2 I first parried all my 230V I first paired all my 230V where they were needed. Then I paired the battery units where they were needed. My Homey has sadly died and I won’t get a new one until 10 days. Currently, the devices are only on deConz/phoscon. It is both aqara battery devices, but also ikea Plugs that fall off. There’s a delay on the light, or that it doesn’t notice I’ve pressed. It’s HUE lights, with their own dimmer switch for I first paired all my 230V where they were needed. Then I paired the battery units where they were needed. My Homey has sadly died and I won’t get a new one until 10 days. Currently, the devices are only on deConz/phoscon. It is both aqara battery devices, but also ikea plugs that fall off. There’s a delay on the light, or that it doesn’t notice I’ve pressed. It’s HUE lights, with their own dimmer switch🙂

What does your network map look like in deCONZ?

Probably a slightly stupid question. But how do I share it? I have the image in VNC viewer

I don’t necessarily have to see it (but I’m sure you can make a screen shot), but it would be useful to know if it’s somehow visible on the map that the devices are falling off.

Also, you should check to see if the routes make sense, especially for Aqara devices (are they connected to a router close to them?).

I have paired the different sensors where they are needed. So, they automatically lie on the nearest router. Often a sensor is not connected on the map because it takes so long before it joins. It could carry a temperature sensor eg.
It may also just need some time. Although it has been running for a week now.

When I was still using deCONZ it took perhaps a few hours at most before devices were showing a route on the map, so after a week I would expect them all to show a route to a router.

Do you think I can change channel without them having to be pared again?

Not likely, no.

Damn :thinking:
Now I have you, I’ve accidentally come to cancel on homey community. Do you know where it’s turned on.

No idea what you mean?

Sorry :joy::pinched_fingers:
Notifications here on the Homey community have been accidentally turned off. So when you write me a message for example, I don’t get an email/message about it.
Sorry, I was the one who didn’t phrase myself correctly.