Issues with Zigbee network

A couple of days ago I moved all my zigbee bulbs from my Philips Hue Bridge to my Homey Pro 2023, due to some issues I had.
All my Hue sensors and Shelly WiFi devices was already on the Homey and working fine.

But after I moved my bulbs they keep losing connection and then I can restart or sometimes just wait and then I can control them again, tried to do individual repair on the bulbs, but the issue returns
I use the IKEA Trådfri, Philips without bridge and Nordtronic app.

My network:

• My Zigbee network is on channel 15
  • 2 WiFi AP’s on channel 6 & 11
  • And channel 36 & 48 on 5 GHz
  • 5 Shelly Dimmer devices (no issues with them)
  • 4 Hue Sensor (no issues with them)

I have tried:

• Turning off Homey for 15 min and letting it rebuild.
  • Individual repair, but the issue returns.

My last go to is reset network but I was hoping someone had another solution?

In theory and according to Homey, Zigbee router should be added first ( Creating a stable Zigbee network with Homey Pro (Early 2023) – Homey Support)

Not sure what are the best practices when you already have a large Zigbee network with both enddevice and router and then you add more routers. I would also reach to Homey support in parallel to get their opinion on it

Then I would have to add all devices again and start with routers?

That’s the question I’m also wondering and hopefully someone from the community can help

1 Like

When i migrated to HP23 from HP19, all my routers and endevices was placed randomly. I have successfully removed enddevices that was placed with a low number, and then include them again some time later. Repaired my flows with [HOW-TO][Pro][Cloud] - Tool to FIX (advanced) flows after removing and re-adding devices

It seems to do the trick here.

2 Likes

Zigbee has no “device order”, so the number shown in the Homey dev tools doesn’t really mean anything.

The reason why it makes sense to start a new network with routers is to allow those routers to create a mesh network before any end devices get added. Those end devices will then (hopefully) not take up one of the limited slots for directly connected devices.

That’s why it may help to remove end devices that, after a backup restore, may have inadvertently taken up one of those slots (again though, you cannot assume that because a device has a “low number” it will be taking up one of those slots).

3 Likes

Thanks for the insight. Then i guess I just got lucky.

It seems like I found a solution.

I moved my Homey to the precise location my Hue Bridge was located at and activated Power User under Experiments and created a flow to restart my Homey each night.

So far I have gone 2 days without any major issues.

Thanks for sharing and keep us posted. I would personally prefer a solution that does not involve a reboot but as long as you happy with it, this is the most important.