Zigbee devices not showing route

Hello…

I’m wondering if anyone knows why it doesn’t show which route my zigbee devices are taking?

Do the devices work?

Have you maybe removed some of the Router recently ? That usually happens when you remove eg. non-battery operated device. Also please note you have not created Zigbee mesh as recommended per Athom - https://support.homey.app/hc/en-us/articles/360019239879-Creating-a-stable-Zigbee-network-with-Homey-Pro

Also try to interview Routers (Node 8 and 13) and restart Homey, if you will see any difference.

yes all the devices work as they should :man_shrugging:

Thanks for reply.
I added a new router yesterday, but before that i only had one besides homey.
I have recently understood that it is important to have several routers. I have considered removing all the devices and starting over.
I tried interviewing node 8 and 13 now, and restarting homey, but that didn’t help

Try to pair them again without removal and then restart Homey…might be working as well. But if they works, it’s might not be required to do so… even myself I consider it as kind of indication that all is fine or not.
Just for sure, you are not using your Homey eg. for years even never performed Zigbee reset, right ?
You may also run script to see, if anything is really bad - [Community Survey] Homey v5 ZigBee Health check and statistics collection (HomeyScript)

Okay. You mean to re-pair the devices without removing them first? Am I understanding you correctly?

I bought homey pro December 2019 and no I have never reset my zigbee network.

Yes

That script above will tell you if anything is wrong. I do expect you are running on latest fw v8.1.2, correct ? If you see on https://tools.developer.homey.app/tools/zigbee network key “01:03:05:07:09:0b:0d:0f:00:02:04:06:08:0a:0c:0d” - then you should perform Zigbee reset anyway and re-add all the devices. ;-( Check out more on Cve-2020-28952

Yes, I have v8.1.2,

Here is my network key:
network key

So I should reset the network then :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Reset, add all devices again and fix all flows…search forum for script how to make it easier for you

Not meant to be funny, but if all zigbee works fine, please just ignore that overview.
You don’t have any influence to which device use which hop(s) anyways.
(“don’t fix what ain’t broken”).
Just my opinion :grin:

4 Likes

Yep, also one of the possibility - however based on my experience, usually such devices will sooner or later misbehave (eg. respond later, update values randomly or suddenly not at all etc.) So it’s like house cleaning - you don’t have to do it but sometimes it’s better to do that :slight_smile:

Yes, I understand what you mean. But I have some challenges with my zigbee network at times. I am struggling to connect a few devices and some devices stop working sometimes.
Guess I’ll just have to do this. Bought 3 new routers today, so think maybe that will make everything a bit more stable :slight_smile:

Now everything was much better after resetting the zigbee network, and adding more routers.

The only problem now is that I can’t get the Aqara motion sensors in again. They worked before. It registers that I want to pair it, but it just fails. Any tips? i have 4 of them and all fail.

Zigbee Routers added first ? Try to replace battery, if it doesn’t help, try Power the Plug (PtP) …

Yes, zigbee routers were added first. But changed the battery, and went around different places in the house, then I was able to add them after many attempts.

Thanks for many good tips Sharkys :smiley:

1 Like

No pb mate, with 74 Zigbee devices, I do have some practice already :wink:
Keeping fingers crossed so that you will not have to repeat that anymore !

1 Like

How do you get this overview of the zigbee network in homey?