Can Homey learn IR codes?

Hi Sorry to confuse you, Maybe I should have explained it but expected it would be understand by who noticed it and not seen by who doesn’t care.

First: It is an auto close, not an delete … You can’t reply to it after that and will not rank high in search.
Second, No Hurry. Just search there are a lot topics about IR (Probably 50+) and if none fit create a new topic. but sure if you ask help somewhere here @Russell_S and many others will reply …

The reason to (auto) close:

often we see things like:

This topic: Can Homey learn IR codes?
created march 2019 was how to Learn IR Codes from Homey and was answered in the first couple of reply’s - (Pre Firmware Version 2.0) was declared Experimental, somewhat hidden and updated in Firmware ~ 2.0 (10 MONTHS LATER) and answered again.
and yes:
2 YEARS LATER
I expect this is the final answer:

No, this (Experimental) feature is removed in FW version 7.2.0. Homey can’t learn IR codes.

And despite what everyone thinks about it or wants… pretty sure the answer stays the same.

I even gave the alternatives.

So I expect everything after that, is another topic.
And better discus that in other Topics!
Else new users staring reading this topic have to be 3 times disappointed, reading an answer that doesn’t work and is corrected 2 times later in this thread just to find out it is not possible.

So choose your alternative, search for the best topic and ask your question there.
This probably is the best for getting the correct answers and helping getting the correct information available for new users.

fe:
[APP][Pro] Harmony Hub (v2.0.7)

[APP][Pro] Broadlink App

[APP][Pro] Broadlinkred App

or look here: Search results for 'infrared in:title' - Homey Community Forum

And even when you think your specific question needs an new (own) Topic,
I will not be mad :wink:

2 Likes