[APP][Pro] Beacon - Detect your presence with BLE beacons

Same here, it’s literally 10 centimetres away from homey. Many false away notifications. Any recommendations? Maybe PTP? Different settings?

There is bug in the BLE binding: BLE discovery gives 0 advertisements · Issue #202 · athombv/homey-apps-sdk-issues · GitHub

2 Likes

@ my place my beacons aren’t detected anymore with your settings…
I’m getting the idea the update interval can’t be higher than 29, maybe 30s

I just adjusted it to 29,28,1,6 and all beacons were detected immediately.

Strange, I would say using an interval shorter than the 30s timeout would result in 1 in every 2 auto searches to be empty?

Because of the new BLE 30s cache, you mean?
That seems logical. I don’t see why detection stops when using intervals > 30s.
But that has to be connected with the reported bug.
BUT, the bug is the other way round🤔

Same here with 2018 Tile Pro for my presence detection. Every hour or so i will be sitting in the dark for a few seconds because the boss (me) has left the building according Homey. A few seconds later lights atre switched back on, very annpying

@El_Maestro You could add a condition to prevent “false positives”: the push acknowledgement card.
It sends a push message to a user.
It will ask for a confirmation if you want to set your home to ‘Away’ or not.

Thank Peter for your solution, but i find it not so convenient to work this way. I installed 601 firmware yesterday to find out my Tile Pro is going crazy. Today about 20 notifications (home/away) in 16 hours.
I think it is better to deactivate the app and (un)check the checkbox “Home” manually under my avatar in the homey-app on my phone.
Ofcourse it is a temporary solution until the problems are solved in the homey firmware/beacon app.
It worked perfectly before 601, i was detected by homey at a range of 80 meters from my house on arrival (walking/bicycle)

My thoughts exactly. Really looking forward to seeing a fix. Used to work fine. Now getting false alarms several times a day.

Try complaining on the GitHub issue that is the source of this behaviour.

1 Like

Ah, indeed. Beacon app is fantastic. BLE update by Athom not so fantastic at the moment. Will take my complaints to the real issue.

YW. It’s more of a workaround than a solution of course.
We’ll now have to wait 'till Athom fixes the bug.
Cheers

1 Like

This issue in Homey core if found and will be first tested on experimental channel.

3 Likes

Switch my alarm system (Heimdall) with the app and two tiles automatically. After updating to Homey 6.1 permanent I / O of the alarm system.
Thank you for the great app and the great work.
Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

At the moment I have no false positives/negatives. I did PTP + installed the experimental Beacon App. Configuration Tile PRO 2018, Homey (Early 2018), firmware 6.1.0.

Hope your problem will be solved soon.
regards,
Paul

I should not have posted this message. 10 minutes later I got numerous false positives. Murphy lives!
Regards,
Paul

2 Likes

I just released v1.3.0 to live (prod/stable) and add an new version to test:
Many thanks for your contribution @Piero_F!

v1.3.1 - 17.05.2021

• support for Feasycom beacon
  • resolved bug on re-pairing procedure
  • timeout for pairing increased to 30 seconds
3 Likes

I have the 1.3.1. installed with Homey 6.1.0 for a day. Unfortunately no improvement for me. Beacon still detected / not detected every few minutes.
Tried the following settings:
etc.
Hopefully for a fix. Without the beacon automatic control, Heimdall is much less comfortable.

The fix of the homey core bug isn’t release yet.

1 Like

Hello @Tregobad,
I would like to clarify the current situation.
The latest Homey SDK documentation published only a few days ago (Bluetooth LE - Homey Apps SDK) states:

Setting a custom timeout for a BLE discovery has been removed in Homey v6.0.0. Instead, a default timeout of 5 seconds is being used.

It is not very clear: What about the current Homey v6.1.0? If the custom timeout has been removed, is the new 5-seconds timeout a default timeout or, rather, a fixed timeout?
According to several tests I performed, I can say that the 5-seconds timeout is a fixed timeout in Homey v6.1.0. Thus, the Beacon App setting “discovery timeout” currently has no effect (always 5 seconds).
I asked for clarification to Homey.

The Homey core bug identified by @Koktail prevents the correct discovering when two consecutive discovering operation are too close in time. How close in time? I performed some tests and I can say that a safe value for the Beacon App setting “delay between reading sensor values” is 40 seconds.

In my opinion, today the reasonable settings (using your notation) are 40.5.1.x (where x ≤ 10).

2 Likes