Aqara sensors stopped working?

Hi @HansVee , I did just as you descirbed - removing it from Homey and resetting it. Sensors stopped working after random time even so.

What is the voltage of batteries of those sensors ?

I read itā€™s a maximum of 15 ZigBee devices if you for example donā€™t connect a Aqara hub, unclear if it is 15 devices or 14 devices plus Homey Bridge though.

maximum of 15 devices directly connected to Homey bridge, that doesnā€™t account the devices that are connected through a routing device, as those arenā€™t connected to Homey directly.
Hence the advice to start with routing devices before battery (end) devices.

About what I said aboveā€¦
My Aqara hub broke, and thatā€™s one reason I bought the Homeyā€¦ the other reason is that the desk where the hubs are, are geting crowded, so I donā€™t want more hubs :slight_smile:

I still have issues with my Aqara motion sensors. They stop communicating after a while. (couple of hours). Initially it worked great. Somebody already has a solution for this problem? I have the Homey pro 2023 version.

No, it seems thereā€™s an issue with the HP2023 Zigbee stack that is causing sensors to drop out of the network, at least for some people.

3 Likes

Hi.
I am having same experience with these sensors as many others describe.

So far I have had 7 different temperature sensors (of same model) and 5 out of the 7 stopped reporting after a day or two when added to system.
When resetted they start working again but in a day or so they stop reporting.
Two of my sensors work with no problems so I am pretty sure itā€™s the sensors thatā€™s the issue.
And sensors have been located at different distance from the hub and distance donā€™t seem to matter. I also have two Homeys in different houses and have issues at both locations. So I donā€™t think it has anything to do with Homeys and location.

I m now returning my last sensors asking for money back. And will def. Not buy Aquara sensors again.

Hi,
Has your Homey been updated to v10.3.0-rc.5? There are some, including me, that have lots of problems with zigbee sensors after the update.

I have 37 Xiaomi sensors in and around my house, they all work fine and have done so for many years. I donā€™t use Homey to manage them.

I got update message yesterday or something. But both Homeys say 10.0.5

But I am sure its not due to update since I have had these issues for more than 6 months and some temperature meeters I have work without issues.

Also: It seems the old Aquar sensor is out of production. And there is a new version out. The new version doesnā€™t work as old sensor in Homey Aquara app.
It gets added as a not so usable generic device.