Aqara FP2, mmWave presence detection on WiFi

Hi Everyone, I had to play around a little and understand what the steps were. but the FP2 does work now on my homey, and thank you for the example flows, appreciate it :slight_smile:

What part is failing?

the Aqara FP2 has the option to train the sensor… I’ve had allot of issue’s with ghosting in the beginning, but after clearing and training… and of course the firmware updates… the sensor is behaving great!!

btw I did this clearing and training within the Aqara app on the iPad

1 Like

Are there any good alternative mmWave presence sensor that work with Homey? Looks like setting up an FP2 sensor is a PITA. I also don’t own any iPhone or iOS devices.

I am using this Tuya presence sensor and it works quite well with Homey Pro via the community Tuya app. Here is an Amazon (USA) link to it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BZCVHYR8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Cool! Are they connected directly to Homey, or do you need the Tuya Hub?

Be aware that with TuYa Zigbee devices you never know if a device will be supported by Homey, even if it looks exactly the same as devices that are supported. Often these devices get different internal identifiers that make them stop working with Homey, at least until those identifiers have been added to the relevant Homey app.

2 Likes

You don’t need any.

They connect directly to Homey. Also what Robert said is correct about the Tuya devices so pay attention to that.

1 Like

I should have included that in my reply so thanks for that. Would hate for someone to order one that looks the same only to find out it is not supported.

1 Like

The connect via SONOFF app withon Homey

Yeah, it’s really hard

I’ve been having to reboot my Homey most mornings to get updated presence state from my FP2. Anyone else seeing this? Any work around to keep the FP2 reporting updates to Homey?

I sometimes restart the app but never my Homey. I was thinking to schedule a daily task to restart the app.

1 Like

The app sometimes does not respond correctly to network device unreachable. Busy getting a monitor in place for dropped connections.

Did you fix the IP in your router?

@Menno_van_Hout do you know when the scaling issue of the clock is resolved?

I had a similar issue where mine dropped the connection and didn’t respond… :grimacing:

I read a post on Home Assistant where someone had a similar problem and they added a firewall rule that only allows traffic from the sensor to their HA server, so I did a simiar rule in my router, but for Homey (HP23) of course.

I booted the sensor to make it close and drop the network connection, and now it works like a charm! No drops in connection :ok_hand: Just a tip for others with a similar issue with connectivity issues :upside_down_face:

1 Like

latest test version checks and repairs dropped connections every 30s.

1 Like

Wondering if this will help with some issues picking up the sensors on reset. I have a couple now which after the usual hard reset and re-adding to Aqara aren’t being picked up on Homekit App (Updated / restarted etc).

Created a diagnostic report if it helps: 8ecbc8cb-d637-4236-b961-3a8231ff7e74

A hard reset of the FP2 should not be needed anymore.

Not much info to do some debugging in the logs…
I see only one FP2 (Hallway) broadcasting on your network in the log you took.

Can you do a restart of the app and wait a couple of minutes and then PM me the log from the app settings!!! Not a diagostic log, that usually does not give any good info.

what steps did you take during the “hard reset”?