Aqara Door Window Sensor P2 - Matter version

Since firmware version 10.3.0, Homey Pro (Early 2023) has enabled its Thread radio, albeit still in Beta. I have successfully paired SmartWings Matter over Thread shades to the Homey Pro hub but attempts to pair the Aqara P2 Motion and Illuminance sensor have been unsuccessful. What am I missing?

It might be useful to explain what “unsuccessful” means. Are you getting errors?

I can only telll you that it is possible. I have one too and that is connected; I do not remember having problems connecting.

Thanks for your reply Hielke_de_Jong. Can you tell me if you followed the steps in this Homey Support Article to pair the sensor or did you select on the of the devices in the Aqara app? I tried both ways via the mobile app without success.
When I paired the Matter over Thread shades I did it through the " Homey Web App". I don’t think that should matter, (pun intended), but did you connect the device via the mobile device or the web app?

What happens if you scan the Thread pairing code of your device?

It was some time ago but most likely web app. I think Aqara app is not possible (matter devices not supported).

Hi Robert. That’s a good question. The Matter QR code was not on the device. There was only the Matter numeric code printed very subtle on the top of the device. It was printed so lightly that I almost missed it.

Your question prompted me to look at the documentation and I subsequently found the Matter QR code on the back of the supplied manual. The quick start guide states that you can add the numeric code or scan the QR code to install while the device is in pairing mode. In the mobile app, I selected “Matter” and added the numeric Matter code.

Ok. I tried to pair it again using the Matter QR code and I was successful paring it this time. So, I am not sure why I succeeded with the QR code but was unsuccessful when entering the numeric code. I compared the code on the Matter QR sticker to the printed code on the device and they are the same. When attempting to pair the sensor previously with the code I carefully verified the accuracy of the code and I tried to connect it no less than three times. :thinking:

Most important: it works :slight_smile:

Correct! :wink:

I noted that there appears to be no way to share a matter device from within Homey. I therefore deleted it from Homey and added it first to my SmartThings hub. I then was able to share a matter code with the Homey app and I then added the P2 Sensor back into Homey with the Matter share code generated from my Apple Keychain connected service.

Does anyone know if Athom is going to enable the ability to share Matter devices with other connected services in the future?