[APP][PRO] YouLess, Enelogic, PVOutput - Belgian and Dutch P1 Smart Meter Reader

I had a reply from youless. No easy solution if you are not on Windows. You can contact them directly for help: support@youless.nl

Wow really appreciated! I found out that my mother still has a Bill Gates laptop

1 Like

:joy::floppy_disk:

Is there (by any chance) news about supporting watermeters with the LS120 without a separate pulse meter?

Have asked Youless too, but no response yet.
Would be such a pity to buy a separate pulse meter when the hardware is actually already there in the LS120.

Were you able tu persuade them yet, @Gruijter? :slight_smile:

No, youless will not integrate (optical) water metering in the firmware.

But I have been using the Homey app to do that for a few years now. And it works good enough for me. The meter will drift eventually, but it is close, and I do get the actual water usage in liters per minute, that I can use to switch of the bathroom lights when the kids are showering too long :joy:

1 Like

Haha, that is a great usage! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
How is the load on Homey then?

No noticeable load whatsoever

Ah, that is great! Saw some remarks in your app description and the first post here above that load might be considerable.
Great, thx!

I optimized the app since then, and it appears that polling 3x per second during water use is not causing any Homey load at all. So happy days😎

Ah, very good!
Perhaps consider updating this in the texts?
Thanks again! :wink:

good point! Just did.

1 Like

HI guys, tried several things following the afore mentioned manual to install youLess direct on the Vitens watermeter. Unfortunately didn’t work… any suggestions for this model?

The rotating dial needs to have a reflectice surface. If it is all red it will not work via the optical sensor.

In that case you need to install a pulse meter (around 80 euro) and connect that to the S0 connector of the youless.

ajajaj I have everthing in place… bought a new pulse meter, but cannot get it up and running…

Tests I did:

• Change in Youless setting the meter to Analogue
  • Played with all the values in the Water meter advanced settings:
    – Polling interval 100
    – Pulsen per M3 values between 1 and 10000
    – Auto calibrate + Log raw data = YES
  • Changed the position of the yellow and black wire into the Youless…

And all variances, but a flatline in the Homey Insights… Open for any suggestions…

You have to use the SO driver, and select water meter during pairing.

And does the Elster have a built-in battery? Otherwise you need to power it externally.
Edit: according to google it does have an internal battery.

Wow that helped:-) I almost de-installed the whole sjebeng… Is there a way to calibrate this sensor?

no, no need to calibrate it. You only need to set the pulses per m3 (usually 1000) and the present meter reading in Homey device settings. But it looks like you already did that.

Happy showering :partying_face:

1 Like

Indeed, works like a charm…
Now figuring out how to build a nice flow to keep the ladies shower time in control and the “ontharder” warning when salt needs to be added

I have Hue lights in the bathroom. If the kids shower too long, I can flash the lights, and eventually turn them off completely :rofl:

Zie vooral de latere oplossingen, zelf heb ik een Aqara deur sensor aan de buitenkant geplakt en de maneet op een kunststof plaatje boven op de zoutblok.

See especially the later solutions, I myself glued an Aqara door sensor on the outside and the magnet on a plastic plate on top of the salt block.