[APP][PRO] YouLess, Enelogic, PVOutput - Belgian and Dutch P1 Smart Meter Reader

The LS110/120E driver works with the PV firmware, but it only provides very basic info to Homey.

Is it possible to make the “Energy Total” date dependent? This is very handy so that you can see what your usage is within a year (following your energy contract). Now I can only see that i have used -430.696KWh since the meter is installed.

In Insights you can always go back to the date when your contract starts, but you have to manually substract the totals.

The enelogic.com website however provides much more insights, including wether your energy usage is on par with your contract and with similar users.

Third option is to use the ‘power by the hour’ app, but that only totalizes the usage per hour/day/month. https://homey.app/nl-nl/app/com.gruijter.powerhour/Power-by-the-Hour/

Installation of the Youless LS120 to a Smart meter P1 & Water meter S0.

Today I installed the Youless LS120 and linked it to my new smart meter.
The LS120 has the possibility to use the P1 and S0 port at the same time.
In order to get the correct reading device I used the the follow link to select one:

[Water Meter Sensor Selection]

The installation of the puls sensor was very simple. Mount the yellow wire to the S0 + and the Black wire to the S0 - of the LS120.

When you connect the LS120 to you network and access it via the IP adders, do not change the settings for P0 (imp./kWh). In the Youless portal the number are correct but not the units. In Homey it has the correct unit: M3 for water.
Next was the installation of the app in Homey. I used “Enelogic and Youless” for this. Thanks @Gruijter for this nice app. :ok_hand:t2:
I selected first as device LS120 P1. After this device driver was installed the data was visual in Homey.
Last thing I needed to do was to add the water meter to Homey. I made a mistake by selecting LS110/120W because I thought this was the device to measure the water. After installation no data was available in Homey but I saw data coming in on the LS120. In a split second it was clear to me that I selected the wrong device driver. The right one is: LS120 S0. After the installation of this device (select: water) the installation was complete and the water meter was added to Homey.

Homey Insights is not really user friendly to show data or slice and dice data. I hope in future updates this will change. For now I am happy to have a better overview and more insights on my water, gas and electricity consumption.
My solar panels are also linked to Homey and in Energy section of the App the current power produced is visible and also the total net Power. This view I like to see on sunny days. :blush::sunny:

Youless Elektra

2 Likes

Very nice tutorial Rob!

Thanks for sharing this.

1 Like

I made a smal update and added the Youless installation to it.
Do you think the Youless portal (firmware) will be updated for the S0 part so we will be able to select different units for S0?:
S0 Meter :m3
S0 Power: l/min.

I have been in close contact to youless about this topic. But they do not intend to support water/m3/liter straight from the firmware. But for the Homey app it doesnt really matter what unit the firmware is using.

I never used the Youless portal, only the Homey app Enelogic and Youless. It’s ok for me. :slight_smile:

This app got me curious already a while ago. I love the possibility to export all data to Homey.

At the moment I’m using a RPi to extract the P1 data from my smartmeter (power & gas). This is being uploaded to my website and to PVoutput. Works perfect, but has no integration with Homey.
Also the code was made by someone who doesn’t support it anymore. So if something goes wrong or stops working I will lose my data from that moment on. However this option is free of costs.

What I really like from this app is the possibility to also read the water meter. :heart_eyes:
I see this is very good possible with a Youless LS120 and a separate pulsesensor.

Now I stumbled upon a post ([APP] YouLess and Enelogic Belgian and Dutch Smart Meter Reader), that exporting to PVoutput isn’t possible anymore with driver LS110/120EL, but only with version LS110/120PO.

@Gruijter Do you know what the basic info is that Homey receives from version LS110/120PO? What functions will I miss when using this version and not version LS110/120EL?
If the version LS110/120PO is not an option. Do you know if it is possible to export data from Youless/Enelogic, to import to PVoutput?

I would love to use this solution, but I’m still checking to see if I don’t lose functions if I switch my currect setup to the new.

Sure. The PO firmware only supports present usage (watts) and one cumulative kWh. So no day/night and no usage/production differentiation.

Why don’t you only upload your solar production to PVOutput. The app ‘solar panels’ can interface to most inverters, and I believe this app can upload to PVOutput. Is that right @Diederik ?

You can then use the enelogic firmware in the youless and get all your P1 detailed info in Homey. By the way: you can also use the Enelogic service as an alternative to the PVOutput. That is what I do :sunglasses:

The app can fetch data from PVOutput, indeed.

Yes, I already use de app solar panels, but that is only for getting data from PV output. I miss the option to send data to PVoutput. Unfortunately I have an inverter that isn’t accessible from the internet. This is why I don’t want to give up my current setup so easily.

I did just now see an export function at Enelogic and an import function at PVoutput. So maybe that is the way to get the data to PVoutput. To bad that this is a manual step.

Message to the small group of users that are still using the old V2.2.1 Youless app:

PLEASE REMOVE THE V2.2.1 APP AND INSTALL THE NEW V3.x.x ENELOGIC & YOULESS APP.

I have stopped maintaining v2 Youless app almost 2 years ago. The new Enelogic & Youless app (v3.x.x) is fully maintained by me, and offers more functionality with more stability.

1 Like

Thx!

Hi,
Would it be possible to add to the youless electricity meter, a second counter ? Over here, we have a day-consumption counter and a night-consumption counter. Would be nice to have them in the youless as well. Switching between the two counters is a basic day and time setting.
eg.
Every day between 06:00 and 20:00: Counter 2
Every weekend day: Counter 2
ELSE
Counter 1.

Thank you,
G.

If you have a P1 smart meter, this is already default behavior for the Enelogic & Youless app when selecting the LS120 P1 driver during pairing.

How did you connect the Youless to your meter, and what app-driver are you using in Homey?

Hi,
I, do not (nor do I wish to have) a P1 “smart” meter.
I connected my Youless directly to my analogue meter. It is detecting using the integrated LED

Ah ok. In that case you indeed need to create your own time based counters in Homey. I’m not planning to make this a function in the youless app.

Hi There, finally have the Enelogic LS 120 (via Marktplaats). I have connected this to my P1 with the “telephone cable” supplied with it. Have an iPhone Homey app, made Youless IP Adress static. |Model:|LS120|Firmware versie:|1.4.3-PO|

However, face some difficulties with reading the data in Homey. Out of the 5 options:

• Enelogic P1: Not able to save my IP Adress… … no response while clicking on submit (opslaan). After certain moment I get error message "Timed out after 3000ms.
  • LS110/120E Does function :grinning:, but only two data points

• LS110/120W Have not (yet) a watermeter

• LS110/120P1 Error: “Invalid content type. Expected application/json but received text/plain”

Any suggestions?

Update: need to change firmware:
For Homey to be able to read out the youless it is required to install the -EL version firmware.

Suggestions from mac users? Have no pc to run firmware.exe

Good point. I sent an email to youless support how to flash the firmware without windows.

In the mean time, can you not run windows (virtual or emulated) from a Mac?