[APP][PRO] Yamaha AV & MusicCast Receiver

This is giving hopeful results. Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

Trying to reach out to the user who sent a diagnostic reportā€¦

The app can only poll data from the receiver in an interval. I you need instant feedback after changing volume at the receiver, you can lower the interval in device settings to 10 or 5 seconds. Just find a good interval in between fast updates and Homey performance.

Ronny, thanks for the app. Installed it this week and it works great.
Now I have 6 Musiccast receivers (1 CD-NT670D (tuner/CD-player-/mp3player) and 5 WX-010 in different rooms) that I sometimes do and sometimes do not link. I do not see the option to use links in your app yet. My specific use case for a flow would be:
If I enter the garage and I have music playing in the living, I would like to switch on the garage device and link with the living. If I have no music on in the living, I would like to switch on the garage device and go to a preset net radio station. I manage to program all steps with your app, but not setting of a link between 2 or more devices. Am I missing something?

Another question: in your app you have the option to program an RC code, and you give an example of code 7C80 for Power on/off. Where can I find a list with all possible RC codes?

Hello @Hans_Van_der_Eijk

RC-Codes:
I have no RC code list and found only partial lists that seem to be for older devices.

You can try the codes but I had no luck with a RS-S601 AV reveiver.

Link/Unlink:
I have to check the API if linking is possible. I havenā€™t seen such commands yet.
How do you link? Single devices together or using zones?

Edit: If found some API endpoints for distribution (one server and several clients, set group, start/stop distribution etc.).
It looks like thsi is possible:

• set a device as server and define clients to distribute to (using device IPs)
  • set a device as client and link to a server
  • cancel server/client role by set empty group ID

Please give me some time to take a look at it (after my holidays this/next week).

1 Like

Thanks so far. Looks like you found what I am looking for. I link single devices (which happen to be one per room) to one device acting as a server.

New test version 0.4.0:

• Added flow cards to control music distribution to MusicCast devices.
    grafik

Functionality:

• Add a client to a server group. Add this flow to your server device, the slelect a client which should be added to the group.
  • Removes server group and client assignments.
  • Start/stop distribution

These flow cards are added only via API description. I canā€™t test with only one device. You need at least two devices to start creating groups and add devices.
Please report issues or also if all is working. Good luck :slight_smile:

@Hans_Van_der_Eijk: FYI and something for you to try.

1 Like

Unfortunately it doesnā€™t work for me. Hope the screenshot below gives you some clue:

Do you have AdvancedFlows where you can catch the error from the flow card?

press the triangle, that will show you why it fails.

I donā€™t have advanced flows, Iā€™m a newby.
I pressed the triangle and it shows: Server error: RC2

Too bad. Thatā€™s all I can get as error response from the API (internal error). Iā€™ll search for further examples. Next week I hope to have some updates for you.

1 Like

Hi all,
I just got my first musiccast devices (partly because i saw this awesome app, great work!).
Iā€™m looking for the same grouping functionality as Hans.
Let me know i there are things that I can help test.
Furthermore, I believe the Home Assistant integration does support thr grouping:

There might be some info or people who know more about it there?
Thanks again for the great app!

@Hans_Van_der_Eijk @Timmmeeeeh

New test version 0.4.1:

• fixed distribution flow cards (hopefully :slight_smile: )

You can now:

• Add a client device to a server
  • Remove a client device from server
  • Start/stop distribution. Perhaps stopping is clearing the group, too. Perhaps only the clients are removed. I canā€™t test this with real devices.
  • Remove server group (reset server state to use this device as client).

Perhaps there are blocking states the app currently doesnā€™t check (like adding a device in state ā€œserverā€ as client). This will result in an exception for the used flow card.
If you stumble upon such cases please report with some descriptions (what states have been set before, what should be changed/set?).

Tested it right away. Still failed at the same flow card as before, but with a different failure mode under the red triangel (could not get data from device, or something similar).
Than I decided to use another device as source/server (kitchen), and the flow ran through without any failure. Unfortunately, the client (garage) is switched on, is linked (I can see ā€œMC linkā€ in original Musiccast app), but does not produce any sound. Also, I do not see the kitchen acting as a server for the garage in the Musiccast app, which I would expect.

Sorry, I was too quick. Forgot to also change the device on the Start distribution card. So now it works!
Now I still have to find out why my living room device cannot act as a server. And thatā€™s the most important one, as that is where I store my mp3 music collection, play cdā€™s etc.
But thanks so far anyway, weā€™re definitly getting somewhere!

Great to hear. Thanks for testing.

I combined two API functions in the ā€œAdd client cardā€. The client is added to the group, then the server is set and the client IP is added to itā€™s client list.
You can try the flow card again with living room as server, then try to start distribution. Then send me a diagnostic log. The app is logging some details about server and client. Perhaps I can see something in the logā€¦

So I retested with the living room as a server, and it worked as well! Donā€™t know what went wrong the first time, but it all seems to work, and I also get the feedback in the Musiccast app that the server acts as a server and is linked (to the garage in this case).

Many thanks!

1 Like

And start/stop/start distribution is possible, too?
I wonder if the group is still there after stopping.

With stop distribution, the distribution stops, but the group is still there.
Then pressing Start distribution, resumes the distribution.

1 Like

And the ā€œremove groupā€ card should remove the group. But I donā€™t know if the clients are also resetted. I would say the clients stay in ā€œMC Linkā€ input, but it could be the client keeps its group ID. But in this case it should still be possible to make this client a server. If not, please comment here.

And after removing a group, the new group gets a new ID. Then the clients can be added again. So you should not beed to remove every client one by one.

Please write if the usage could be improved somewhere.

1 Like