Yamaha - Discover True Sound
This app replaces the unmaintened SDK2 app.
It has a new app ID. That means you can install both apps side by side. But you have to add your receiver again with this app - and you have to adjust your flows.
The app supports Yamaha AV & MusicCast receiver (since version 0.1.0).
- Older receiver without MusicCast support mainly implements the YamahaRemoteControl API and can be added using the “AV Receiver” device.
- Newer receiver with MusicCast support should provide support for the newer YamahaExtendedControl API in addition. Then can be added using the “AV Receiver” or “MusicCast Receiver” device.
- Other MusicCast devices (network speaker) can be added using the “MusicCast Receiver” device.
If your receiver supports both APIs, then pair it using the MusicCast Receiver type. This API has a better documentation and features, so new features will be implemented primary for this device type.
Add a receiver
In pairing view, a auto discovery is done to find receivers via Wifi. If no (or no new) devices are found, a manual pair dialog is shown to set up the IP address. Some times, the auto discovery needs longer to check your network and no devices are found. In this case, you can go back one step and start device discovery second time. In most cases, the receiver is found with the second try.
From manual pairin gview you can start a new device discovery or continue pairing using the set IP address.
The app is polling the current state from your receiver to update the Homey device. You can adjust the interval in device settings to your needs (trade-off between fast update and system load).
If your reciver and current media (like network radio) supports media artwork, this is shown in the device view.
The app supports the default Homey attributes for media devices like on/off, play/pause, forward/back, volume.
In addition, there is a selection list for input and sound mode selection.
Further Yamaha specific attributes will be added soon.
- The receiver must support network access to one of the Yamaha APIs (YamahaRemoteControl API or YamahaExtendedControl API).
- To switch on your receiver from Homey, you have to activate “Network Standby” in your receiver settings.
I can’t test every functionality. If you discover a bug or something that does not work as expected, please report in this thread.
If you have feature request or improvement suggestions, please let me know.
Help getting this app even better!
Spend a small donation/beer/coffee to support community app development.