[APP][Pro] Xiaomi Mi Home App

2023-04-12 - v3.1.21 - TEST

Development has been transferred to a new developer. This release is a complete rewrite of the app including many breaking changes. The app has been fully rewritten using SDK3 and has been tested with Homey Pro 2023 to make it futureproof. This new version also merged the devices from the Mi Homey community app. Some previously paired devices might continu to work but please re-pair your devices and/or fix your flows before reporting any issue. If the issue persists after re-pair please report it on the community forum or Github.

I have just published a new test version to the test channel of the app store and Iā€™m looking for people to properly test this version as it will contain bugs. As the release also contains breaking changes the only way to properly test it if you encounter an issue is by re-pairing the device and/or fix your flows and test if the issues still persists. If so, please report it here or preferably on Github .

If you want to go back to the live version you will have to re-pair and/or fix your flows again as both versions are not fully back- and forwards compatible.

Updates in 3.1.21

• Fixed an issues with the zhimi.fan.za5 (Smartmi Standing Fan 3) introduced with the previous release.
  • Replaced the zhimi.airpurifier.mb3 (Air Purifier 3H) and zhimi.airpurifier.mb4 (Air Purifier 3C) drivers by a ā€œAdvanced Mi Air Purifier MIoTā€ driver that supports more models and more features. See the supported devices wiki. You will need to re-pair your device if you where using the replaced driver.
  • Replaced the zhimi.airpurifier.ma2 (Air Purifier 2S) and zhimi.airpurifier.v6/7 (Air Purifier Pro) drivers by a ā€œAdvanced Older Mi Air Purifierā€ driver that supports more models and more features. See the supported devices wiki. You will need to re-pair your device if you where using the replaced driver.

The test version can be installed through this link: Xiaomi Mi Home | Homey

Please consider donating if you appreciate the free time I put into this.

Hi. Iā€™m getting an error now after re-adding my Air Purifier 3C with the new "Advanced Mi Air Purifier MIoTā€ driver.
Device is unreachable: params not defined.

I see, let me fix that. Should be up in about 10 minutes.

That error should be fixed with 3.1.22 which is now in the test channel.

Wow. Great work!

Updated and works fine now. Thank you.

I have an issue adding my Purifier 3C. I tried all four possible variations that the App shows. The token and IP are accepted when ā€˜testā€™ is applied, however after a couple of seconds, the successfully added device shows a red exclamation mark:

No big deal for me, but thought it would be appropriate to report it.

PS
Great macOS program to retrieve the tokens!

Please send me a diagnostic report when using the advanced miot driver so I can look into it. Just long pressing the device and telling me what error the device shows when paired to that driver also helps.

Here you go:

90bedcc2-0aa0-41be-b462-86b57a38d77f

Oddly enough, the exclamation marks disappear for a couple of seconds, and than return again:

Schermafbeelding 2023-04-13 om 15.04.08

Do you need more information?
Glad to help!

also for the 3Hā€¦same behaviour.

Could you send me a diagnostic reports as well. The one from @Eternity does not contain any useful info to resolve this bug. Hopefully yours does.

Could you remove all instances of the device, restart the app and only pair it with the advanced air purifier miot driver and then send me diagnostic report after about 5 minutes. When pairing the device multiple times it will result in flooding the device instead of actual errors related to the app.

ed94815f-f2d4-454a-a3c3-64c5fc9cef4d

thatā€™s it.

Inviato dal mio Galaxy

-------- Messaggio originale --------

It doesnā€™t seem to be the app driver but the device that is acting strange. The devices gets identified on the network over and over again resulting in network flooding. Could you try and reboot the device to see if that helps.

Removed, restarted and added.

ac8a0c7d-86c6-4537-839b-4cbe4b0bdc44

after homey reboot itā€™s betterā€¦

i can power on and off,
change mode,

but sensors donā€™t update. pm, temp have the value of reboot timeā€¦

Inviato dal mio Galaxy

Since the update that changed the Mi Air Purifier 3H (zhimi.airpurifier.mb3) driver, I canā€™t connect the device anymore. As stated in the release notes, I tried to re-pair the device, but I get this error while trying to test the connection:

Could not connect to device, handshake timeout

Iā€™m sure that Iā€™m using the right token and IP.

3be51255-ed5d-49a0-8dc9-be12c598b176

Also, a minor detailā€¦ Is it possible to use the new icon again, like in earlier versions?

Can you now send me another crash report. Hopefully it will tell me why the sensors are not updated and give me a root cause. Iā€™m in the dark here.

According to your log you still have the device paired multiple times:

[log] 2023-04-13 19:21:06 [ManagerDrivers] [Driver:airpurifier_zhimi_advanced] [Device:6586715c-4fa0-4133-b64c-bb36819545dc] WiFi Device Init: Air Purifier 3C (zhimi.airpurifier.mb4) with ip 192.168.50.16 and capabilities onoff,measure_pm25,measure_humidity,measure_temperature,measure_luminance,airpurifier_mode,dim and model zhimi.airpurifier.mb4 and store values  model
[log] 2023-04-13 19:21:07 [ManagerDrivers] [Driver:airpurifier_zhimi_advanced_miot] [Device:5b8a045f-bf7c-47b3-8096-bebf6c9958d8] WiFi Device Init: Air Purifier 3C (zhimi.airpurifier.mb4) with ip 192.168.50.16 and capabilities onoff,measure_pm25,airpurifier_zhimi_mode and model zhimi.airpurifier.mb4 and store values  model
[log] 2023-04-13 19:21:07 [ManagerDrivers] [Driver:mi-airpurifier] [Device:7be79e54-a9dd-4134-b246-19c94e2f178e] WiFi Device Init: Air Purifier 3C (zhimi.airpurifier.mb4) with ip 192.168.50.16 and capabilities onoff,measure_pm25,airpurifier_mode and model zhimi.airpurifier.mb4 and store values  model
[log] 2023-04-13 19:21:10 [ManagerDrivers] [Driver:airpurifier_dmaker_airfresh_t2017] [Device:01764ec3-121c-40f2-9b19-4b3636759725] WiFi Device Init: Air Purifier 3C (zhimi.airpurifier.mb4) with ip 192.168.50.16 and capabilities onoff,dim,airpurifier_zhimi_mode,onoff.ptc,airpurifier_heater_mode,measure_temperature,measure_pm25,measure_co2 and model zhimi.airpurifier.mb4 and store values  model
[log] 2023-04-13 19:23:26 [ManagerDrivers] [Driver:airpurifier_zhimi_advanced_miot] [Device:cc1f8c43-65fb-47c7-80de-2ea70cd0f8b2] WiFi Device Init: Air Purifier 3C (zhimi.airpurifier.mb4) with ip 192.168.50.16 and capabilities onoff,measure_pm25,airpurifier_zhimi_mode and model zhimi.airpurifier.mb4 and store values  model

Perhaps removing the device does not clean it up properly. If you are 100% sure you deleted all paired instances of the device, could you reboot Homey and see if that helps.

now it seems that sensors are updatingā€¦iā€™ll tell you if itā€™s stable.

Inviato dal mio Galaxy