[APP][Pro] We Connect / myAudi / MyŠKODA / My SEAT / My Cupra

Does it matter which one of the Raspberry pi’s I use, @peltsi51? Any HW requirements?

I have put myself in a waiting game. Should I just wait for a skilled developer to develop a Homey app for this, or should I invest time in iobroker project.

I don’t have rasp so I cant help you there.

Oh, my bad! I just assumed you did, but when reading your post once more I saw that it was actually installed on a Windows computer! Sorry

1 Like

Well, I got it up and running. This far, I have only subscribed to topics, not tried to interact with the car more than that.
When it comes to preheating @peltsi51, I found that my schedule is set for 0700 in the morning, but in iobroker I can see that it starts 0600. Don’t know if that is due to time zones though.
But, there is an interesting entry though:
status.climatisationStatus.remainingClimatisationTime_min

If mileage can be displayed, I don’t need that much more.

Just noticed that my preheating actually started exactly 30 minutes prior of my planned departure.

That 1hour may be also a daylight savings time delay. I also noticed that when triggering the climatisation on manually, the remaining time is 30min, so I think it will always heat 30min prior to the scheduled time.

1 Like

How do you start the climatisation with iobroker via MQTT?
I have enabled that functionality in iobroker, but what the message look like that you broadcast from Homey?

Actually I haven’t tried to use MQTT to start the climatisation, I just changed the value in the IObroker to test.

My guess is that you have to write “true” or “false” string to your id3/startclima topic.

Just for your info, it was quite easy with true/false. I get the value to change to true in iobroker. Only one time I got the heater to start, but mostly nothing happens. Can it be a delay in the communication between car and iobroker?

Within a couple of minutes value pops back to false.

HI @Exile82

Is your IObroker connection to VW we connect server working? Mine stopped working this day and nothing seem to work. Reboot, update node.js, update IObroker.

Ehm, I haven’t used my car today so SoC is still on 80% (no change since yesterday). Range is actually aligned with what the car states, but not sure if that is the old value.

Will check iobroker when I find the time

My VW object says 2021-03-28T17:09:36Z as last time for update. Seems to work here

Thanks for the info.

I got this sorted out with the help of the IObroker community. It was strange, but apparently VW had changed something in the “terms of agreement” yesterday (or I hadn’t agreed to them in the first place) and because I haven’t agreed to them I couldn’t login to their servers (strangely the android We connect ID app still worked)

So what I had to do:

1. Open the We connect ID app.
  2. Go to the profile
  3. Click on change password and it will go to We connect ID portal
  4. When the portal opens it will ask if you agree with the terms. Click yes and everything works again.

:roll_eyes::crazy_face:

1 Like

I would say that iobroker does a really decent job in shuffling data via MQTT to Homey. There is one annoying thing, but it is not a limitation in iobroker, but I would really like to get the mileage also. It seems like basic thing but it would be good for me.

I think that is a limitation in we connect id server at vw end. Hopefully that comes available later. You could always tell the car dealer your needs. Sometimes it gets through to the manufacturer

Hi @Exile82

Did you got the climatisation control to work from homey? I’m trying to write “true” in the right topic, as in your example “id3/startclima”, but the value doesn’t change in the IObroker.

Well, yes, and no. I can change the value but it does not start the clima

I had wrong topic, now I’m able to change the value.

I noticed the same effect that heating doesn’t actually start or starts every now and then. It seems that when you take of the “ack” checkmark the heating is started more often (that might also be coincidence)

Yes, I tried to uncheck the ack box and that did the trick. I will try it back and forth to see if it can be used in real life situations.