Iobroker+raspberrypi or Homey

Hi

I have used the IObroker only to connect to VW we connect servers, so my view of usability might be quite limited. But here are some thoughts, some may disagree.

1. Homey usage is easier and in some matter more intuitive. You can make the logic and connections to other equipment more user friendly manner. Ofcourse I am a Homey user so my point of view might be biased.
  2. I think IObroker has more “connections” to other components. You can check the Homey compatibility of your equipment here.
  3. Homey has inbuild wlan, zigbee, zwave and BLE antennas and you don’t have to add those to the equipment and make adjustments to the software as you have to in IObroker.
  4. IObroker may have more flexibility over the more complex home automation. But for example I have made quite complex automations with Homey and haven’t had problems. Usually my own capabilities with the automation design are more limiting the solutions.
  5. With IObroker it is good to have some german language skills. :wink: You can manage with google translator, but may be hard in the long run.
1 Like