[APP][Pro] Velux

Take control of your Velux blinds and shutters with ease, enhancing both your comfort and sleep quality. Whether it’s blocking out the morning sun or setting the perfect evening ambiance, this app lets you adjust your blinds and curtains seamlessly. Please note that the VELUX ACTIVE with NETATMO smart home solution is required.

Let me know if any problems arise, and I will do my best to fix them.

and in test:

1 Like

Hi Peter,
Awesome job. Thanks!
Are you considering adding the Velux Climatesensor to it as well?
Love to hear form you…
Greets,
Tim

Hi Tim,
Thank you! I am glad you can use it. Let me know if you face any problems. I have had a few hiccups with the app losing access, but I hope my release earlier today fixes it—hit repair on the devices if it happens.

I will happily help with the climate sensor, but I need to borrow some credentials to test whether it works. Let me know in a PM if you are OK with it.

Best,
Peter

1 Like

Hi Peter

Great job! Thanks so much for your work!

Do you have any plans on adding support for VELUX windows?

I have the VELUX ACTIVE with NETATMO bridge and a couple of skylight windows and one of the window control boxes with built-in co2, humidity and temperature sensors. I would love to be able to add them to Homey.

Happy to assist in any way I can if you’re interested. Have a good day

BR Jeppe

1 Like

Hi @Peter_Jensen1

I would love support for skylight windows as well. Let me know if you need a hand with the development.

Hi Jeppe and Kim
Great if you can use it. Please go and get the newest version, Velux | Homey , and check your credentials on the settings page. Hopefully I am done with the auth part now.

I will be happy to add more devices if anybody lets me borrow some credentials for a Velux Active account with the device. It is a little more fun when you can see the consequences of what you are building (at least in the app). Send me a PM.

Best,
Peter

1 Like

Hi @Peter_Jensen1

Thanks so much for your effort. I tried the latest version but I’m not able to verify if Auth is working since I don’t have any blinds in my setup. Maybe this screen recording will help you verify on your end.

You can borrow my credentials for testing with a Velux Active account but I would prefer a more private channel to exchange info. Perhaps over iMessage? Let me know and we’ll figure something out.

Thanks again

Great Jeppe. I have sent you my number in a PM.

Best,
Peter

Let me know if you would like to borrow my credentials as well.

Thank you @Kim_Kokholm. I am still seeking credentials for somebody with a Roller Shutter and/or a departure switch.

The climate sensor will be available in the next update.

The windows are a headache. I can close them, but it seems like Velux has added some security to the open commands (hash_target_position and a sign_key_id). I have tried it in a similar Homebridge app facing the same issue. I have not lost all hope, but any ideas are welcome.

Hi @Peter_Jensen1

I did check my credentials, becuase I’ve logged out of the app and logged in again.
In that process, I did have to the “bridge” in pair mode by pressing a button on the back.

When using your app, I’ve just had to provide my credentials in the settings, and not doing the pair operation. Don’t know if this is required.

How do you communicate with Velux bridge? Pure online and with get/post or? Maybe I can try.