[APP][Pro] Ubiquiti UniFi Protect

App sometimes crashes randomly
Happened to me a few times in a week

Diagnostic report :
f3d826d6-be83-4d23-ac02-688784049935

Hi Obelix,

I got a question regarding the connection status inside the flow which is nog changing when I disconnect a camera. I see the change inside the device view true the recording status but not the connection.

Can you see if there is any problem? Or maybe I’m doing something wrong (see flow below).
Is it also possible to add the recording status inside the flow ‘if’ function? That can also be quite a useful tool.

Example flow

Thank you for the help and I’m looking forward to the reply,

What are you using? Dreammachine or Cloudkey an what is the protect version?

Hi Obelix,

I’m using the Cloud-Key Gen 2 Plus with the protect version 1.19.0

I have this exact issue in the latest update. Any tip to solve it?

Thanks!

I will look tomorrow at it! It works great here,

Can you install the developer version of the app? with debug modus on?

What is your controller?

I have the regular Homey. Can that be the problem?

Maybe a noob question, but how do I install the developer version?

Just an little update also, I have no issues since yesterday when I removed the app completely, rebooted Homey and created the flow with my doorbell again.

Unfortunately I got the same issue now again. How do i install the developer app?

@ObelixNL

Is it possible that the latest homey update broke this app?

Connection to the unifi system is not working anymore (Error 401). I didnt changed anything with the user i created in the unifi system.

Already tried restarting the ubiquite app, reinstalled the app, changed password of the unifi account, updated unifi software.

401 looks like an rights problem on the protect controller.

really weird, my account for the app started with a capital letter, this was working fine. But after i changed it all to lower case in the unifi system and app it started working again.

Hello.
I was woundering if there is a small hope of an option wich disables, buypasses or a workaround on this error.

Error: Invalid x-csrf-token header.

10/19/2021, 10:52:13 AM : [debug] Get CSRF Token...
10/19/2021, 10:52:13 AM : [debug] Logging in...

I guess this is because my unifi protect is running in a Docker enviroment on a synology, and the docker has no https certificate. But I am not sure…?
I know it can work because I have Unifi protect running in Home Assistanse on port 7443 also in a Docker

@ObelixNL Thanks for the effort! Using homey for a while now but wasn’t aware of this app.

I was wondering: Does the Unifi API allow you to catch the Doorbel trigger (so physically push the button)? If so… I would love to spend some beers to implement this trigger card.

This would help us a lot to work around the fact that Unifi doesn’t sell wireless Chimes for those people who don’t have a physical old school chime (it kinda defeats the purpose of a doorbell atm).

Keep up the great work :slight_smile:

Looks like this?

Hi,

I just installed the Unifi Protect App. But cannot get the app configured.
I have created a local user (i can login on my local network via the browser). I am on a dream machine version 1.10.4.
I updated my firewall rules so homey can connect to my dream machine (homey is on a different subnet)

The app hangs on getting the CSRF token.
in the little debug window i get the 2 following lines:

• [debug] loggin in…
  • [debug] Get CSRF token

This times out with an error (see screenshot)

Any ideas as to what is not working or how to fix this are welcome :wink:

Regards
Onno

:partying_face: awesome! you made our day! Didn’t look at the App flow cards!

1 Like

Hi there,
I’m having an issue that none of my camera’s is reporting movement. Is this a known issue? I’ve tried re-adding and checked the status, but I don’t seem to get a status.

I’m having problems that the app keep stopping and needs to be re-started. It runs for some time but usually stops again quite quickly, if I test run a flow directly when I have re-started it works, but then after checking in later the app will have stopped.

In my case the App stop as well after a few hours/days.
I can’t send a message directly to the developer within the Homey App as my HTTP redirect says that the page hasn’t been found. However, this is the logmessage: