[APP][Pro] Ubiquiti UniFi Network

I can test.

Short update. An app restart has solved the Wifi load issue. The traffic is stable now for some hours.

Hi, i’m willing to test the New Version, UDM-pro AP’s Switches Camera’s Doorbell.

Cloudkey-Gen2-Plus / Homey Pro (early 2019) with many flows and devices. I have the same issue as anyone above. I am not a very technical guy. But willing to help if I can.

Test version can been found at:
Ubiquiti UniFi Network | Homey

The test version (and soon the new production version) will have the following differences.

• alarm_connected has been replaced with a boolean called connected (Home Assistant).
  • All flow cards based on the application will be removed.
  • memory usage will be between 19 and 25MB.

Hi @ObelixNL

Test version has just landed on my Homey Pro. Thanks for it. For now only one feedback I have. RSSI is definitely wrong. One of my devices has -42dBm signal what was above 90% RSSI in previous SDKv2 based app, and it’s true. It’s outstanding signal level, while the SDKv3 based app indicates as 55%. Does your app any calculation behind this ?

Just installed the new version last night and so far it looks good in regards to the memory issue. The drop in memory usage is from old version to new version.

In process of testing flows now.

The app works now nice and fast, only in contradiction of @Leif81 experience the amount of memory use is way higher as expected and hoped for.

Nevertheless very happy with all the progress you’ve made @ObelixNL

The test version (and soon the new production version) will have the following differences.

• alarm_connected has been replaced with a boolean called connected (Home Assistant).
  • All flow cards based on the application will be removed.
  • memory usage will be between 19 and 25MB.
3 Likes

The old version has an calculation, the new version gets his data from the api. I must be the same as in the unifi portal.

UniFi portal does not show any percentage as RSSI, only “WiFi experience”, but it’s a completely different thing, and does not mach to the value I can see in Homey. (82 vs. fourtysomething) The calculation was right in the previous app. You can leave it as it is, but in this case it would be better to remove, because it’s false data.

@Fac3 When connecting back for a while, is it also connected to any access point then? Or does it just say “connected”?

I only use Unifi for presence detection (and tracking around the house), so I’m interested in this as well.

I do not understand what the practical differences will be. Same as @TKroon , I use this app for presence detection and for detection if my washing machine is online.

I use triggers for this (device connects/disconnects) and ‘AND’ conditions (device is connected); will we lose this functionality?

I have the test version now working for two days, i’m very positive about it. The problems mentioned earlier seems to be solved :slight_smile:

Made you a donation for your hard work. You (and those who helped?) have earned it.

@ObelixNL , thanks for your work.
at first look everything seems ok again.
also very nice that the interval is changeable now
only thing is that if i enable the log in the app, the log stays blank

I had to switch between the tabs in settings dialog to see the log updates…

I’m gonna check it again, then get back.

1 Like

Hi Obelix,

I’m experiencing some issues with the new testversion. I especially have problems roaming to another ap. The current “and” flow cards need to be changed from AP name to Mac address, so I’ve changed that nicely. Unfortunately, these flows no longer work after that.
When I manually test the flow, it seems to work, but in practice roaming doesn’t seem to trigger homey.

Can you share your flow?

of course:

Thank you i will test this flow the coming days.

The new test version you can also enter the accesspoint name.