[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

Look for the ‘Raw commands’ howto

Retreive state isn’t possible, but when the state changes, it will be available as the last known state.

another stupid question, how do I use the signal bot to capture the parameters? is it a separate app or something?

It’s part of the CallMeBot app.
Try the search function :wink:

Of course you can send results to timeline, or Simple Log cards, or push message etc.
I like to use Signal while it keeps all messages, timeline doesn’t

thanks a ton, now it is working exactly as I wanted

There is a new test version, Jonas Enge added the garagedoor opener :slight_smile: . Because I don’t use Homey anymore, I could not test myself, but as promised I still make new version when someone is making a Pull request.

3 Likes

Hi Jurgen.

Great job with the app and nice clear setup instructions!
Is it possible to add the Smoke Detector WIFIDS10WT? I have managed to link it in the Tuya IOT Platform, but they do not show up in Homey.

Keep up the good work!

Best regards,
Andreas

Hi,

The Tuya Smart X5/X6 Wifi door lock, is that supported?

Hi Andreas,

@apkanthony @Tirrazo
Almost everything is supported, when you can’t add it as device, just use tap-to-run scenes or RAW commands:

1 Like

Hi there,

don’t know if I am right here, but wanted to report some bugs:

That’s not the only issue I encountered: I have a Tuya device with two switches that you can connect to a physical switch and a lamp with two channels. The device in the screenshot is this piece of hardware.

It’s NOT possible to use the smart switches in the device with a “then” card … had to use the workaround with a scene in Tuya.

It’s kinda weird since I already installed numerous of these devices without any issues. However, the newest one (which is exactly the same as the other ones!) is not working properly with Homey.

Is this a known issue?

Good morning,

I try to connect my Tuya account to Homey, but I constantly have this error

Could you help me ?

I can see this is for advanced users and takes a lot of time to set up.
Also, the component I am going ti buy is quite expensive and don’t know if this works.

Hi NGH,

Please read the post above yours.
(We have to find a new dev…)

I use raw commands for sensors doors,humidificators,oil diffusors,ect…and when you understand how it works,it’s very simple to make flows😉

1 Like

Hi!
Yeah, I just read the second part. Now I understand. That’s unfortunate sigh

1 Like

That sounds interesting. Is there a nice tutorial that enables me to understand it? :slight_smile:

You can use the Tuya Cloud “numeric message received” (or boolean or text) in an “If” card to trigger a flow. And you can use a Tuya Cloud “Start a scene” card in the Then card to execute a Tuya Cloud scene. You should define a “Tap-to-run” scene in your Tuya cloud App for a scene you want to have executed.
Hope this helps.

I today added a device (aroma oil humidifier)
Works great in the smart app . But it doesn’t report anything . Also tried a lot of defaults command and it gives could api failure.

I have several devices running on raw commands like my heatpump , heatpumpboiler and some sensors . All functional and report everything in the broadcast messages .

This devices doesn’t report anything when getting turned on or changes modes thru the smart life app.

Anybody have some suggestions why this devices doesn’t report/broadcast any messages or doesn’t respond to some default commands to turn on ?

Is the aroma device showing up in https://eu.iot.tuya.com/cloud/ devices overview?

Hello Peter,

Yes it was there with all the right settings. But i also send a mail to the tuya IOT platform support and the replyed in the night. Seems that the device was “so new” they did not implement the needed info for it into the IOT cloud server, they seem to have a backlog.

They did the adding of the template straight away and now the devices has functions in the json there that can be controlled :slight_smile:

So if somehow a new devices doesnt have any functions and message broadcasts its most likely a new one and you can send a mail to tuya support to get it added.

Working like a charm now with raw command. I love the raw option since its so easy with advance flows. Just like my heatpump and combined with the Device Capabilities app possibilities are endless :heartbeat:

1 Like

Hi Marco (and others),

When you should have to wait for a device to be implemented @ Tuya iot, you can use tap-to-run scenes, that should (always) work: