[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

I’m new to homey, received my homey pro this weekend, I want to add my shutters, but they’re not visible in the homey app, but they are visible in the tuya app on my phone.

I already installed the tuya cloud app on homey and was able to add power plugs.
Via a scene I can run it via Homey.

Is it also possible to add the shutters as a device to homey?

Same goes for my wifi garage door openers. Works fine in Tuya (and Smart Life for that matter), but not able to add them in Homey. Am I doing something wrong, or are they simply not supported (yet)?
How do I now if it is (or can be) supported by API or not?

Not when they’re not shown as available device.
Search for “tap-to-run” and/or “raw commands” in the first post to control them anyways
(this is your answer as well @Supra25)

1 Like

This is not a prompt, it is a helper hint above the API field.
I suggest you read the 1st post of this topic again?

It probably works by setting the position slider.
When you want open/close functionality:

When I try to configure the app with only LEGACY API’s I can save the configuration.
But, when I try to add a device I get the message “Configure the App first”.

When I try to configure the app with LEGACY / OFFICIAL API (or OFFICIAL API ONLY)
I get the dreaded 2406; msg: skill id invalid error.

I’ve already tried to relink my account several times, also I’ve created a new cloud project, but nothing seems to work… Is there anyone who might be willing to help me?

(The 2 devices which I moved from the WOOX app to the TUYA app do show in http://eu.iot.tuya.com )

2406 error and solution is in POST #1 ?

After the app was updated with the new API,
Did you at least once remove all Tuya cloud devices from Homey, and added them again in order to use the new API?

Thanks Peter that you’re trying to help me;

As I was never successful in adding any Tuya devices, I can’t remove them. I did however uninstall and reinstall the Tuya / Tuya Cloud app.

Post 1 did not solve my problem, but I looked at the video (very good video by the way, almost up to date, which is very good.)

I’ve looked at the video and did what was told :

Created the cloud Project; Central Europe Datacenter

Authorized The 5 mandatory API’s (and one extra, Smart Home Basic Service)

Then I Link my Tuya APP account, with Automatic Link + Read, Write and Manage.

I copy the Client ID / Client Secret

enter them in Tuya Cloud app;
And now I have 1106 just like with the “normal” TUYA app (not the cloud one)

I don’t believe it… but after several restarts … suddenly it accepts my data :smiley:

So I don’t know what it was but it works…

I have managed to add my wifi temperature sensor and receiving values on a created virtual device.
Now i have the problem the temparture is factor 10 of the normal temp. So it shows 250 degrees in stead of 25.0 degrees for example.

Any ideas how i can change that?

Looking in the forum I read people have had the same problem with a thermostat. If i understood it well they updated the app for that and should work well now. However I have the same problem with this temperature sensor. I cant find anywhere how to change it.

In the smart life app it shows the right value (25.0). But the tuya numeric value is a factor 10 highter.
I checked homey developers tool and Tuya IoT platform, but cant find a place where I can change it.

Hope someone can help me out.

You can devide a value like this, with a virtual device flowcard:

The ,1 part makes the round function round to 1 digit

With an advanced virtual device, you can do it from the device settings, without the need for a flow:

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply and help! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, please i have Fairland pool heater linked to my smart life tuya app and would be happy to link it to homey too, could you please help me what i need to to for that? Thank you

What you need is all in the 1st post Adam :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi, I am new quite new with homey pro. I got the Tuya cloud app working with some lights and some sockets. Now I have a smart water controller from Hombli. Is there a way to add this device as well?

Yes, but not directly: search for ‘scenes’ and ‘raw commands’ in post #1 please.

just checking, is there any support for fans yet?

You can discover that in the app store

But you always can control it, just read my post above yours.

I have 2 different models of AC thermostats installed, the first one I added it manually to tuya app and in Homey it was discovered by taping on Aircondition, while the 2nd one was discovered automatically by tuya app (recognized as ac fan coil thermostat) but couldn’t be added by tapping on Aircondition in Homey, it was discovered after I tapped on water thermostat I guess (see below pic):
thermo

The issue is now there is a big difference in terms of controlling and setting up the temperature!

Correct version>>

Wrong version>>

thanks, the scene function works. is there a way to implement a get function to retrieve the state of the device?