[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

For those who experience the “Missing capability listener: onoff” error → try restarting the Tuya Cloud app and the devices controlled from the previously created flows will work again. It worked the same for me as it did two days ago: the app still responds to control panel commands with an error message, you still can’t add new devices, you can’t create new flows with Tuya devices nor edit old ones but at least all devices controlled by flows are working again.

I’ve restarted the app about 25 times now. Didn’t help unfortunatelly :(.

This is true. I get timeline notifications of the raw messages. But how can we fix this by communicating with appropriate devices? I already tried deleting and readding the Tuya Cloud. I even tried to reset the Homey with a fresh interface. Even pushed a update with a reset on Homey without putting back a back-up. But it still will not work. Is it something in the root (of the app) causing this problem?

When I restart de Tuya Cloud app I get a notification 'Timed out after 30000 ms.". But I can see the plugs are reloading in de app.

YW.
Where is that graph, can’t find it :rofl:

Found the API limits:
500 calls /sec
500,000 calls / day

That seems quite generous for free of charge usage.

Q: Why would you start flow every 15s to check if a light / sensor is on or off?
Homey keeps on track with the states, the current state is the last reported state?

Read the “raw commands” section in post #1
You can control almost any Tuya device, and let Tuya control Homey by almost anything.

Check this post in which I explained it to Jonny:

If the last state is not received by Homey then the light stay on. I had this problem since the beginning and the workaround is to have a flow start a flow to rescan the last state of a device like the sensor with a IF, AND and THEN rules. This always worked flawless for me.

But if I don’t exceed the 500.000 calls a day then that is not the issue. Also not issue with flow checking devices every 15 seconds. Then there is another ghostly problem which we can’t see or troubleshoot.

Yeah I saw this. But why take the hard road when you just can keep it simple? Tuya Cloud always worked for me with minor bugs now I need to write a book of codes in advanced flow and research all stuff which is beyond limitations of keeping it simple. Right?

Works flawless here, no need for check flows.
I’m thinking there’s a wifi or IP address issue?
Did you reserve IP’s for every Tuya wifi device?

Yeah, every device has a reserved IP DHCP with MAC adress. And no there is no issue with wifi because all the devices work flawlessly in the Smart Life app and has stable wifi connection

You seem to want something which is not there at the moment.
The only advice I can give atm: spread the word about the app needing a new developer/maintainer. He/she can check things out, and read your diagnostic reports f.i.

If the app was seriously broken, everyone should have issues imho.

I can ensure you that I am not the only one having this problem. I have already said that there is something wrong within Homey with the Tuya Cloud app as if communications with the devices are broken. My Homey can communicatie with the Tuya Cloud IoT but as Bert said it can’t translate raw messages to the appropriate devices. We can try find a developer but this should be the responsibility of the marketing team of Homey because they sold me the product with terms that it supports over 10.000+ devices.

It can’t even support a developer which can support my +10 devices. I hope we can quickly find some developer or that Homey steps in to make their customers satisfied.

You can find the graph in Tuya Cloud IoT under “Cloud Development > Data statistics > API statistics” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like I said, you want someting which is not there at the moment… :hugs:

I’m curious, what did Athom say about your issues with a community app?

You can repeat it as many times as you want but I don’t pay 400 euro’s for something that is not there :). So we need to get it done which should not be our concern at the first place.

What do you mean? My issues about Tuya Cloud app developer within this forum to Athom support?

1 Like

Well, you wrote something like ‘Athom should do something about apps without developers’

I really think it’s best to write directly to Athom support about those things, and the forum members also can’t really help you with these questions.

Help is always appreciated especially if we can help another. We know our limitations of what we can as a Homey user. But that’s not my frustration where it lies.

Quote me with where I said this?

I will directly contact Athom support for this. Thanks for the advice!

You’re welcome. Just trying to help you out :upside_down_face:

I did interpret this as something like “Athom should do something about apps without developers”:

Ahh no, the meaning behind is that I find it actually the responsibility of Homey to find a developer for this community and the Tuya Cloud app. I can get any app I want on my iPhone but I want to be able to do the same with Homey.

They are selling the product with support for +10.000 devices but my +10 devices are unsupported at the moment. The developers on this platform have no single way to get a chance to grow or earn but to work hard and deliver Homey the money. I want my 400 euro’s to be worth something :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, if the easy road is “under construction”, one might wait for it to reopen, or take an alternative route to get it working :slightly_smiling_face:

I know, it’s frustrating sometimes… If I had the skills/experience to pick up further development of this app, I would to it.

1 Like