[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

:sob:

Anyone had the issue where you added a device to the Tuya app and then you try and add it in Homey and you get a quick screen saying “found a new device” but then “No device found” comes up and the device isn’t added.

I would like to start by thanking @Jurgen_Heine for his great work on this app, and I hope someone else at some point might be able to take over. I have never developed an app, and frankly wouldn’t even know where to start, so I don’t think it could be me.

With that said, because of the fact that @Jurgen_Heine built raw commands into the homey app, I have been able to use a device that is not on the list of devices yet.

I have created a advanced virtual device with all the characteristics of the device (in my case a CREATE fan, that included a Tuya / Smart Life controller) and use raw commands to update the virtual device when an update is received from the Tuya IoT platform and vice versa.

The raw commands / messages from Tuya to Homey all have the format
DEVICE ID - COMMAND - VALUE OF THE COMMAND.

I am very happy with this, as before I was using controlled the fan with homey by going to IFTTT and then run a smart life scene, but I would not get an update if I would control the fan directly (with remote or smart life app)

If you would like to add you own device, you can see the structure, and data type of the command under device debugging in the Tuya IoT platform

4 Likes

hallo
ik krijg het niet aan de praat met de nieuwe verdie van de api .
is er ergens anders nog een makkelijkere handleiding ?
of iemand die mij kan helpen hiermee of dit voor mij in orde kan maken ?

Hello, I have just reinstalled the app, using Smart Life. No issues. What seems to be troubling you?

I have a bug in the software for a thermostat that shows 230g instead of 23.0. Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this?

Tuya uses integer values as default. So it sends 230 as value.
But the device should have a decimal factor defined (in Tuya developer page). Can you check if it’s defined there?

thanx. ill check

my homey keeps saying that i’m using an old api .
but i have made a new one on the tuyacloud site but it wont work to update it .

Hi. It’s seems like it’s just some Tuya products that can be integrated with homey. It would be nice with a list of usable products.

Here are products I have included with great success :sunglasses:

Thermostat 230v https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqkc1d6

Fire detector
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mL8BNzi

Nedis Kontakt SmartLife

Did anyone already took over development for this app?

i have the same problem. it has worked without problems for monts until a few days ago! Man im starting to hate tuya. But ive no choice sinds not all my devices are supported by the tuya zigbee app, or i simply dont know how to flash tasmota to myblind motors

Since today I got an error when I try to switch an wifi plug on or off. The error says “Missing Capability Listener on/off”. Any idea what’s wrong? I allready restarted the app and Homey, but that doesn’t help.

Just got the same issue, have been working for months. Tried removing and adding connection between tuya app and the API but still not working.

Same here.

Same here. Deleted the app, reinstalled and try to add the devices again. Couldn’t find any

For the “it worked for months” issues:
you’ll have to extend the “iot core” free trial period every half year. It’s on the https://iot.tuya.com/cloud site.

Hmmm. There is almost no restriction.
Just a few posts earlier someone wrote this (it’s also in the opening post of this topic):

There’s no automation for that, I’ll suggest to spread the word and try to find someone yourself :wink::upside_down_face::wink:

I have different products that won’t integrate, especially thermostats that also control the heat pump