[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

my tuya cloud on homey hasnt been working for a few day either

I have tried removing devices and adding them again, but then I am told I must configure the app first

Re-entering the password results in error code 1106, permission denied.

All info is in the first post of this topic.
The search function works very well :wink:

1 Like

@Peter_Kawa and no solution there for my problem

I have reset the Smart Life app passwd and made sure the passwd entered in the Homey Tuya app settings is the same. So no more 1106. But

When I try to add a device, the tuya cloud app tells me I need to configure the app.
This had been working for about a month, then suddenly stopped working.
I can clearly see the cloud project on tuya, I can see the devices, the Smart life app is linked.

I have removed/re-installed the tuya cloud app on Homey and re-entered account, passwd, secret.
No change, still get the ‘configure the app’ message when trying to add devices. Homey is restarted.

best regards,
Arnar

Hi Hycken, I replied to ArnarS.
For your issue “error message: Missing Capability Listener: onOff”, I have no instant solution. Try to remove that device and add it again.

Show your TC app config screen (with personal data blurred) please

Your answer is a bit humoristic, The search function works very well :wink:

Does not work.

Usually this happens if the device has a changeable capability (onoff / switch in your case), but the app doesn’t provide an event handler to react on the input. That’s an app issue.
So please add some more informations that the involved developer(s) can take a look at it.

• what Homey device?
  • what Tuya device?
  • for further investigation perhaps the device state (possible values) from Tuya iot cloud.

No I was dead serious this time :wink: :grinning:. As you can see at the screenshot I added, the first result is already the post with the possible solutions.
And these questions about those error codes were asked and answered here many times already :hugs:

Can you show please which search phrase does not work in your case? Maybe we can find what’s not working for you.

One of the answers was a pi-hole that was blocking the acces.
Maybe this is also the case for @Hycken

1 Like

:joy:

There are 2 possible problems. Wrong configuration or skipping one of the steps when first time new API is used. Besides misconfiguration there is of course the expiring trial which has to be renewed. If it did work correctly before with new API, it’s mostly expired services. If a device is not found, it’s possible not supported yet. Tuya uses device categories, and some device types have multiple categories and Tuya is adding new categories. This means for example that lights are supported with many categories, but if there is an new one, this one is not supported unless it is added. Also getting no error on settings page doesn’t mean you have configured everything correctly. It only means that this app can communicate successfully with the API. But you still can have errors, when operating a devices, if the Tuya IOT platform is not setup correctly.

1 Like

That looks OK to me.
(App removal and such is not of any use I think.)

Datacenter = Central Europe (45 Danmark )?
All services are not to be renewed?

Renewal was crazy expensive

You can renew the trial as described in post 1

1 Like

But I guess you only can extend it once?

Huh, finally found a button to click:

Didnt realize I had to click the ‘View details’.
The extension has now been applied for (6 months). It is under review
?

Data center is central europe.