[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

Test version is live to stable. In this version the old API is deprecated and users are getting messages to update to new API. As in the message, read the first post to configure the app for new API. Th first post is updated with latest info and I added an error faq. Also I created links to the howto’s for Raw commands and scenes by @Peter_Kawa in opening post.

@Mark1541, start reading the first post. It should contain all the info to proper setup.

2 Likes

Nog wel wat taalfoutjes denk ik?

Zal me deze week eens verdiepen om de boel te updaten. Ik heb ook nog alles legacy.
Bedankt voor al het erin gestoken werk!

1 Like

So, in the meantime on some social media site… The link is not active, so they don’t know what to do… :see_no_evil:

1 Like

After new update, when i add deltaco 3 way outlet i can’t get each outlet by itself. it adds as 1 outlet and has to go in and select switch 1, 2 or 3. Then when I sync to Google home it can’t handle the 3 way outlet. This worked just fine before. So if i add tv and a lamp to the outlet, and say to Google to start TV Google don’t understand. I need to create a flow that start switch 1 (tv) and add the flow to routine in Google. Is this possible to fix so I can separate the outlet?

@Jordi_Visbeen, thanks for reporting the errors :slight_smile: :+1: They are fixed in new version now.

@Peter_Kawa: And wondering why things are not working… :cry: If it was possible, I made the link clickable, but it isn’t supported yet.

@Nichlas_Andersson in old Tuya API it were seperated devices, in new Tuya API it’s now one device. So I had to combine them too. You can always create a virtual socket and sync this with flows or an advanced flow. The virtual socket would be synced with Google.

Some just don’t want to take action… A clickable link is present at the settings page, maybe you can hint to that?

I doubt if that is enough, the link to setting page should then be clickable too, otherwise there will be questions about which setting page. :melting_face:

:upside_down_face:

Does everyone get that message by default?
I already have everything on switch sence and in setting page officially only.

@HuisCHovens, there are 2 message types. Generic message should only be shown once when the drop-down is set to both or legacy and not when official only is selected. It is triggered when old API is initialized. The other message is shown when initializing a Legacy device and is shown for every legacy device.

2 Likes

@Jurgen_Heine Thank you for the explanation. I still had it drop down on both so that’s why I will also receive a message.
So if I set that dropdown to official everything is fine again?

1 Like

@HuisCHovens this is correct.

Hi,

I tried to make use of the new API but I have a problem. I only have a smartlife account. How do I login with this in tuyacloud for Tuya iot platform configuration?

Thanks,

Erwin

Hi Erwin, use the ‘sign up’ link below the login fields.
Afaik you can use the same email address of your Smart Life account, but not the same password.

Thanks but by this I make a new account. I want to reuse the already coupled devices in Smartlife. Is that possible?

Yes. During the setup, you’ll allow the iot project to read/write your Smart Life devices. Don’t change anything with your Smart life account.

1 Like

i follow everything these pages say, still get the massage:“Error code 2406 msg skill id invalid”
What is the problem?

Or

Did you enter the SmartLife or Tuya Smart email address at ‘USERNAME’? (And not your user name literally).

If that doesn’t help, change the password of your SmartLife or Tuya Smart account, and try again.

Netherlands = Central Europe V
Creation Time : 2022-08-17 11:07:29
Tuya smart emailadress V

Since the last updates I get a message in my timeline like this:

You are still using the old deprecated API and drivers, please switch to the new drivers only.

Everything is working fine so I have no idea what to do?