[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

Does the app support Nedis WIFIRC10CBK ?

Most probably yes.
And when it’s not recognised by the app, just use the tap-to-run scene workaround.

I’ve similar unit from Tuya and works great with tap-to-run scene commands

1 Like

Before I think of report an issue, does anyone else have problems lately?
While controlling devices works perfectly from the Tuya app, the control from Homey continues to not function. The problem gets solved by restarting the app.
I have seen the issue on both my Homey’s (on 2 different locations).
My Homey’s always perform a restart at night to solve any such issue and I have now added a restart of the app at wake up, but still 3 hours later they did not work until a new restart of the app.

Which Homey firmware and which app version?

I wonder why do you restart Homey every night? That shouldn’t be necessary.
Only certain apps are getting restarted every x days/hours here.

I’m running Tuya Cloud app v1.0.11

Not shure if this is the case, but:
After a Homey (re)start, apps get started one by one, so probably the Tuya cloud app isn’t started yet when you let it restart.
Better add a 30 minute delay to the “restart Tuya cloud app” flow card.

@Roelof_Nuberg, do you use new or old API? Probably still the old API. The old API isn’t supported anymore and Tuya is increasing time-out values regulairy, so it becomes unusable. Best to use the new API, it’s hard to setup but there are good tutorials.

@Jurgen_Heine @Peter_Kawa

• The Homey’s have version 7.4.1
  • The app is version 1.0.8. I have aut update on, not sure why it hasn’t updated to 1.0.11 (if I reinstall manually it still remains at 1.0.8)
  • There are 4 hours between the restart of Homey and the additional restart of the app
    Should updating to 1.0.11 help to solve the issue?

It’s a test version, those versions are not auto installed.
Just FYI, adding /test to the app url reveals the test app, like
https://homey.app/a/com.tuya.cloud/test

I don’t think so, no.

Like Jurgen wrote, you probably still use the legacy / obsoleted devices.
The Tuya co. is slowly choking the legacy API, to ‘force’ us to switch to the official iot API.

After the release of v0.1.0, did you add any of your Tuya devices again, but now as non ‘Legacy’ device (which use the new official Tuya iot API) ?

@Peter_Kawa
Thank you for the explanation.
I have added many devices as non legacy.
On one of two I actually reinstaÄșled all devices as non legacy.
The issue was noted while creating and testing flows for devices I installed this week as non legacy.
After that I saw the issue also happening on the other Homey where no changes (if not automatic updates) were made since April.

YW Roelof.
Okay, now with this info, I might have a fix for it.

I think you should create another Tuya iot cloud account project, and use it with the 2nd Homey.

Why?
A similar issue occurred here, but my “2nd Homey” is Home Assistant, which uses the same Tuya iot API.
HA only runs when I’m fiddling with it;
After a few times, I discovered every time HA was online, the Homey Tuya Cloud devices did not respond anymore.
Using a different Tuya iot cloud account on HA solved it.

@Peter_Kawa
Thank you.
The two Homey’s manage 2 different sites with each its own devices

In Yuya they have been separated over 2 different locations and so far that has worked like a charm.
I am not quite sure when the
I have just tried to swith on devices on the different locations through the separate Homey’s to see if this affected the situation, and it does not.
Setting up two different Tuya account will cause quite some other issues so I’m not to keen on going there if not necessay.
What I’m going to try is to deactivate the app on one Homey and see if that solves the problem on the other one. That should give me a better indication if this can be the root cause. I’ll be back to post the result.

Apologies, I meant a second project

I use one Tuya smart account, and one Tuya iot cloud account.

So what’s a quick way to see if you have the new API ? I don’t get it so heavy tutorial followed and finally working. then I’d have the old one. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Today I received my tuya doorsensor. Installed it int the android tuya app: success works great. Added the device to Homey: success, was noticed and added. But when I open the door, tuya reports the door open after a few seconds, but after an hour Homey did not seem to notice any changes via the flowcards or devicescreen. Everything is on the same wifi, 2.4.
The homeyapp is version 1.0.11
Homey is on v8.0
Homey app is set to official api only.

Is there something I overlooked?

You could try app v1.0.8

Is your sensor giving correct statusses in Tuya iot project?

F.i. a sensor on my Homey:

Same sensor in my iot project ***:

The time entries should match.
If they do, idk what’s going wrong @ Homey
***) You can navigate there by clicking “Devices”;
Look up your sensor, and click “Debug device” on the right.

Hi Peter, thank you for help. I will try that, thanks again!

1 Like

Hi Peter, tried that, but 1.08 does not support sensor. So no luck with that

Ah OK, I use v1.0.8 but I use PIR sensors, they’re functional. It doesn’t support contact sensors so it seems

@friethoe, you have to use version 1.0.11 or higher . Create a diagnostics report and put your forum name in the message so I know from who it is. I can look then if something is going wrong.

There is a new test version 1.1.0. In this version generic triggers and action cards are added. You can receive all messages send for devices with trigger cards. Also there are now action cards to send commands to you device. On this way you can interact with not directly supported devices are commands. Combine it with the virtual devices app and you can control most of your devices. It’s a function for advanced users, there is no validation when sending a command to your device.

To get the device id’s, commands and possible values you can create a flow with the text event received trigger card. This card is returning device id, command and value for each action. Log the returned values to log app to know the commands of your devices, deviceid’s and possible values.

Use the boolean and number cards when values are boolean or number. Otherwise you get an error.

1 Like

Wow Jurgen, this sounds awesome!! As soon as I get home I gonna play with it. Thanks a lot!!!