[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

There is a new version published to the test channel. This version is an upgrade to Homey SDK 3, this means that the minimal version of Homey for this app is now version 5. Also fixed the dim functionality switching to white mode while still in color mode. The need for removing and adding device should not be nessesary anymore as needed before this version. Power measurement Capability is now added to sockets. But this functionality is untested, I don’t have one to test.

1 Like

@Daniel_Sommer, You wrote:

If you read opening post howto, the following is in bold an italic:

If it has worked for a year, use the same username, password, country code and business( mobile app name), only add the acces key and secret from develloper portal

With version 1.0.1 the configuration is lost and will not store the settings. The app iseemes to be on pause. I there a way to install the previous version?

i have the same problem, had to uninstall and install the regulary version (not test)

I have tried this multiple times and it does not work. Credentials is correct and api / codes is correct… But im stuck at please configure app regardless…

Edit: not sure why, but i replaced my tuya app password and redownloaded the homey app and bam!! finally it works :blush::ok_hand:

Thanks for the support

1 Like

Since the update to 1.0.1, the app is paused as soon as it starts. I have sent a Diagnostics Log, so hopefully, you can see why it crashes.
Thanks for your hard work on supporting this app.

@Adrian_Rockall, what are the condition in your situation. Started new? Upgrade from previous version? Did you fill in settings? The reason I ask this is because of empty logs. @Fred_Boogaard his log is also empty. No error messages and no verbose logging at all, never seen this before. And obviously it’s working on my side, otherwise I would not release it.

The previous version was 0.1.5 and was updated automatically to version 1.0.1 and stopped working immediately . While checking the configuration was empty and the app was paused so I could not save the configuration. Switched back to version 0.1.4 for now.

The app was working fine and then automatically updated. Since then it is constantly paused. If I try to restart it, it becomes paused again straight away.
I will try rebooting Homey when I get home to see if that fixes it.
Is the source code available as if the problem persists after a reboot then I can run from the CLI to see where it gets to?

1 Like

@Fred_Boogaard, the same situation as for myself. @Adrian_Rockall, the source code is available on GitHub. You should indeed see what’s happening when you run it from CLI. But on other hand I expect data when someone is sending a log. Stdin and stdout are both in log. https://github.com/jurgenheine/com.tuya.cloud

1 Like

Just noticed that the app crashed for me last night too. Sent the log to me of course, but there I only see last successful action. I could also restart the app and everything works again. So why did it crash on me? Why doesn’t it start with you at all? Without error messages it’s hard to find out.

Thanks again Jurgen for the fixes and new features.
I ugraded app from v0.1.5 to v1.0.1 test @ 14:20h
No crash until now
EDIT: I only use the official dev account
Maybe that’s why it doesn’t crash here.

Homey v7.2.1

Confirmed!

A new phenomenon: when switching from white mode to color, this error pops up.

EDIT After an app restart, this did not occur anymore

Colors or white shades can be selected fine though. Only after selecting a white shade, the color wheel pops up, and vice versa.
EDIT After an app restart, this did not occur anymore

When I pick a Red shade from de “dots” color wheel, the light turns Blue.
Other colors seem to work fine

When I pick a Red shade from the color circle, it works fine.

Confirmed.

Great! But I haven’t got these type of sockets yet to test it.

I just made a report, maybe you can find some useful info.
5ca0ae06-d7cb-45d1-9815-fd1083761698

EDIT the tile indicators keep displaying the last selected color if white mode / a white shade is selected, after being in color mode.
I didn’t restart the app yet, and didn’t reinstall the device yet
41637045-6184-4425-ba7f-df44f9b3aa1d
After an app restart, this was solved

Cheers

Some users at the Norwegian Homey group on facebook claims that changing the password on the TuyaSmart account, and reinstalling the app on Homey solves the problem with a non responsive app i Homey.
I have migrated my Tuya products to Homeassistant, so I have not tried this solution my self.

Okay, interesting. I don’t use the Tuya smart account anymore, only the IoT dev account.
And my app v1.0.1 doesn’t crash or stop.

There is new version published to test. This resolved the issue of not starting app. Many thanks to @Adrian_Rockall who helped me with debugging the issue.

The reason why not everybody had this problem because the problem had to do with upgrade to SDK and the legacy devices code. If you had set the dropdown to official, you didn’t have the porblem. @Steinar_Sundberg this explains if you choose official in dropdown of test version or if using the stable version which is still on SDK2

@Peter_Kawa thanks for testing the new version. It doesn’t suprise me that the color picking issues needs an app restart because the injection of light_mode capability is done on initialization of the device. But when a new version is installed, I expected that devices are initialized again, but apparently not.

2 Likes

Hello,
thank you for this new version. Indeed my covers and my sockets are no longer supported with the new API. However the old API is supposed to work but when I search for “cover legacy” it fails to retrieve my covers. However, they were detected before the new version. Do you have a solution? Should I download the old version?

thank you very much

This solves it I think

1 Like

Jurgen, I forgot to mention that smart switch/relay modules also are found and work fine with the new app with the IoT dev account.
I installed them as switch.

1 Like

Hi, i Just installed the latest updat, 1.02 but i keep having problems with my credentials. A time-out appaers and seems to freeze homey for a few minutes. Do others have this too? Tried to restart apps and homey, but nothing changed

(Also removed and reinstalled app, but unfortunately no Luck yet)

Please read previous posts, there really is loads of info in this topic :grimacing:
For example yesterday:

Original post