[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

Yes there is:

Only the temperature measurement isn’t present (yet), you can use other Homey compatible temperature sensors f.i.

Example for Window blinds control using the new IoT API.

@ Phone Tuya Smart app:
Create 3 tap-to-run scenes for the blinds you want to control:
One for UP, one for DOWN and one for STOP

@ Homey Tuya Cloud app:
Add a Virtual Curtain device. I called it “Rolgordijn Slaapkamer” (Dutch for “Blinds Bedroom”)

Add flows for Up, Down & Stop buttons

Now you can use the device in other flows too, f.i.

1 Like

Thanks @Peter_Kawa ! I think I get the idea will let you know how I get on!

1 Like

@Jurgen_Heine I have color led strips connected, they work great, i can change color too. Only the colored circle in the device icon doesn’t change. It keeps the color yellow. Is this a known issue?

@Martijn_Hoogenbosch, this should be working. Can you send a diagnostic report so I can see if there are errors. @Steffen_Wietses has also reported an error with updating, but it was not clear yet why this happened. Maybe together with your log I can see more. Please put your name in report message or report id here.

Just tested with same behaviour.
ec27adba-7dba-43b7-b218-90c46573b2dd

I also noticed when lamp is set to color blue f.i., it turns into the white modus when adjusting dim level.

@Peter_Kawa, jouw log ook bekeken, maar daar zag ik geen fouten. Zal meer logging in moeten bouwen om te kijken waarom het niet werkt. Kan het hier helaas niet reproduceren, bij mij werkt het namelijk wel. Maar bij @Steffen_Wietses werkt het eerst ook en werkt het pas na een tijdje niet meer.

1 Like

For me it is not really a problem, while my lights are mostly in a fixed white mode.
But I’m happy to help testing stuff :upside_down_face:

Yeh same here, that’s why I haven’t noticed it before. Still planning to create a report.

460346a0-274f-472b-a4a4-5d6e3f839305

@Jurgen_Heine the strangest thing is happening. When I change color and leave the colorpicker open, it automatically resets to the original ‘warm white’ color. I have these strips added with the ‘direct’ app too and I can see it changing color to the color I picked. It actually changes too. It only resets back to warm white within the homey app.

So im still having issues getting this to work.
I just get the “Configure app” message regardless…

So what i have been trying to do step by step:

1. I have used the red tuya app for a year or so.
  2. Bought Homey pro and installed the cloup app.
  3. Made an developer/lot account, added the devices here, they come opp and shows online.
  4. I know the api, and other credentials is correct in the homey tuya app settings. (As both lot website and app use the same credentials)
  5. Country code is correctly entered (47) and i have choosed the Tuya mobile app not smarlife.
  6. I use a real email, not google / facebook or similar

What is ment by “buissines” i cant find this setting anywhere? neither in the tuya phone app, lot website or tuya cloud (homey) app. Can someone please clearify where this is choosen?
Or do i need to make a new user on the phone app for this to work? or should my 1year ish old account work fine since it shows up online in the lot website?

Ive also tried to make another LOT cloud by following the guide.
I choose central europe, smart home, Device status notification is included in the setup, link the phone app and the devices shows up no problem. Replace the credentials in the cloud homey app to the new lot cloud service but still i get the “please configure app first” message :thinking:

Thanks again for all help.
-Daniel

1 Like

@Peter_Kawa, @Martijn_Hoogenbosch. New version with possible fix published. You have to pair device again to get it work. Beware, there is a bug that after remove and adding device again the device don’t get updated anymore. Restarting the app resolves this. I have to look into this problem. @Steffen_Wietses, I have added more logging to look at your problem, but I have seen with testing that Tuya is not always pushing last update and even the update comes after a while.

2 Likes

I will do this tomorrow. All kids are sleeping now so can’t test :wink:

Beste Jurgen,

Moet ik alles uit tuya verwijderen en opnieuw toevoegen en alles uit homey verwijderen en opnieuw toevoegen bij de nieuwe update?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Steffen

Many thanks Jurgen.
It works fine now!
I did not need to restart the app.

The dim issue is still there: if I dim the light up or down, manually or by a flow, the light jumps from a color back to it’s white mode.

This is not an issue to me by the way.

Cheers,
Peter

1 Like

Edit Whoops, we write in English in this topic.

Only remove those devices from Homey for which you want the ‘dot’ color to correspond to the color of the lamp.

Further,
You don’t have to do anything in the Tuya phone app.

And remove your 06 and email address from your message, if you don’t want it public.

1 Like

Ooooops

Thanks I try but my english is not good hahaha

Google translate will do :crazy_face:

1 Like

@Steffen_Wietses, only remove lights in Homey as @Peter_Kawa told, after that add the lights again and finaly restart the Tuya Homey app.

With a dim action, the homey mobile app jumps back to white mode, even if I update hue and saturation afterwards. Now added that after setting color Homey will explicitly return to color mode. I have not yet added this to the dim action, I had not thought of that so quickly, but then I will first have to find out which mode is active at that moment.

2 Likes

I added everything back and restored the flows. however, the change in status from device to homey does not always (read often) not go through. I will make another report.

0a2b1875-7dd2-4041-9efd-458af1895536

@Steffen_Wietses, looked at your logs, but I don’t see errors in handling messages. Also did a lot of debugging today, and when there a lot of message, not all messages coming through. They aren’t pushed by Tuya or Homey can’t be reached. Either way, it’s not something I can do anything about.