[APP][Pro] Tasmota MQTT

installed there is mqtt broker

Don’t know if I understood you right, but you need these components:
mqtt broker on homey or other server
mqtt client app + mqtt tasmota both on homey

You need :

• MQTT Message Broker (either in or outside of Homey, I recommend outside because the Homey version has some limitations and bugs). This has to be same MQTT broker you use for your Sonoff devices.
  • MQTT Client app in Homey to send & receive messages to your broker
  • Tasmota homey app, which uses the MQTT client app to send and receive the tasmota specific messages

ok i solved i thought it was enough mqtt broker now with mqtt client it works thanks

Hello Pavlo, i think this app is the solution for my Sonoff units with Tasmota on it, but i can’t get your App working the way it shoud. When i try to add a unit i got the message follow instructions and a spinning wheel with the text loading and that will never stop. The same as Noxeus (300) and Mark22 (313) had. Any idea how to get it working?

Ayone else have an idea how to fix this?

Without trying to sound negative this App seems to be abandoned.

We haven’t heard from the developer for about 6 months now.

That’s half a year … :roll_eyes:

Does anyone one know what’s going on with it ?

Pavlo was doing a really good job there for awhile trying to catch up on Homey’s Tasmota support after it was previously abandoned by the last developer, but unfortunately it now looks like he has gone the same path …

If the App was 90% complete it wouldn’t be such a problem but it really needs a lot more work to get up to standard.

Same here, anyone got an idea on how to fix this?

Hello,

I don’t remember where I saw that, but I have read something tell tasmota version 6.x is recommended.

I think it’s related with Homey because I have 2 SonOff 4 channel Pro R3 in v6.7.1.
One since few months and I add the last one last week and they work perfectly.

I don’t know if it can help.

That’s just for the Sonoff app, not for this (Tasmota) app.

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m using this app to log data from some sensors. It works pretty good, devices are found and show readings. However, I’ve noticed that PM2.5 readings from Ikea Vindriktning sensor and PMS5003 sensors are displayed wrongly as ppd instead of µg/m³. This leads to Homey not being able to make a graph, because graphing isn’t supported for ppd values.

Tasmota view:

Homey view:

Device capabilities:

\lib\sensors.js holds the default unit value for each sensor type, so I can make a pull request to update it so it matches the true unit notation of the sensor and it will become µg/m³.

However, maybe the right/easiest way would be that Homey would support graphing of ppd and ppb values.

@robertklep notified me of the fact that this app doesn’t seem to have the capabilities set up in the right way: measure_particulate_matter.pm2_5.{sensor} intead of measure_pm25

Hi I need some help. I never had any problems with my sonoff C4H installing it last year. everyting was working smooth. But for some reason it’s broke. I tried reinstall etc.

so first i configured the MQTT Broker.If I dont check the skip user auth it keeps saying not authorized

used telnet to verify 1883

I got lots of data back so i assume its right

Then i configured the client

broker status is connected in the logs

when i check the device console

I keep getting the RC -2 (client id rejected)

while adding device i get this

what am i doing wrong

thanks in advance

You’re setting a username and password in the Tasmota MQTT settings, but your broker looks like it’s configured to run without user credentials, perhaps that’s causing an issue?

Hi,

Has there been an update in the last few days ?
All my Sonoff devices no longer accessible via Tasmota.
Deleted the app and reinstalled, now nothing is found.
Mqtt Brocker and client reinstalled, homey restarted. but unfortunately without success…

had started my own post, 2 days ago…

Since yesterday, my Sonoff Tasmota 4ch devices have no contact anymore.

When I call the 4ch devices with ip, I can still operate them.
However, in Homey Pro (early 2019) v 8.0.8. It does not work.

I use Mqtt broker v2.0.0 and Client v3.0.0 from Menno van Grinsven.

directed to ip homey (still correct) and gate 1883, as on the Sonoffs themselves.

already restarted homey, apps, uninstalled-installed apps, …

Anybody who can help?

1 Like

@pavlo Any chance the RF Bridge is still on the agenda? I have been using a broadlink device and it keeps forgetting commands. i am going a bit crazy to find anything else out there that works with homey. Thank you so much for your efforts to date, and I kindly ask (pray) that we can use your app in the near future. Regards, Rick

Hi All.

I 've this sonoff TH10 running on tasmota, is there a way adjust the update interval to 1min as default 3min seems very lagging for humidity and temperature.
Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 9.12.45 PM

Looks like the same problem on the new Homey Pro 2023.

MQTT Broker is working. Tasmota devices are in the network. MQTT client too but failes to subscribe to any topic. And Tasmota MQTT gets an “Error”. I think the docker container broke it.

Apps that need to expose network ports (make them available from the outside world) need to configure those ports explicitly in the app manifest.

This was documented, but for some reason it isn’t anymore.

I don’t know why Athom didn’t announce such an important change because there will be plenty of apps that will need to make this modification.

1 Like

Ah never mind, this option has been removed from the latest firmware (v10.0.0-rc.21) for the new Homey Pro due to a different networking setup.

1 Like