[APP][Pro] Synology

Adaptive Load Balancing is meant to cause the least amount of issues, so I would try that first, yes. However, I’m not too familiar with Link Aggregation, if it creates a new “virtual” LAN interface it may get its own MAC address and/or “hide” the separate LAN ports.

And no, WOL usually doesn’t work outside your LAN.

2 Likes

Thanks for helping out @robertklep :sweat_smile:

I have deleted the bond 1 setup and created a new network setup and now wol works fine.

Thanks all for the help.

1 Like

Hi @martijnpoppen ,

Shutting down and starting up the nas works fine now but I just tried to restart the nas with Homey but all it did was shutting down and never started up again.
Any idea?

Thanks.

@Heula Can you trigger a reboot and after 5/10 minutes send me a report?

Hi @martijnpoppen

Today I have tested it twice and now my nas restarted instead of going off.
I have no idea what went wrong yesterday but it seems to be working fine now.

Thanks.

1 Like

@Heula nice!

Hoi Martijn,

Ondersteund de app alle modellen van Synology? Ben in overweging een Ds218 of een Ds220 aan te schaffen.

Gr Henry

Yep!

1 Like

@Henry_Bos both are supported. The integration with Homey is mainly for checking the status and use FTP for uploading. So its not a really big app

Hello Martijn,
I have run this app for my DS1515+ for a week.
Wake On LAN worked well the first day and haven’t done any changes myself but it stopped working.

WOL is active in Syno settings. Have tried rebooting Homey and app, but not resolving anything.

When I click On in the app a orange banner comes up saying it may take up to 10 minutes to be online. But after a minute Synology shuts it down… See picture

Any recommendations?

Hey @arch4ngel
If the app shows that Synology turned it back off it means that it was never on. So it was a co

Things you can do:

• Check if the ip address.
  • Make sure the IP address is a static ip

Hi Martijn,

Thank you for a quick reply!
IP of the NAS is the same as settings for the app and the NAS has static IP set in my router.

@arch4ngel strange. If WOL is enabled and the IP is correct it should work. You could try to restart the synology app.Then it tries to get the proper mac_address

Hi @martijnpoppen ,

Nothing changed on my hand, wol is still active on lan 1 but since a few days the nas won’t start anymore with Homey.
It turns off just fine with Homey but no matter what flow I use to turn it on, it just won’t.
The on button in the app also does nothing.
I need to push the on/off button on the nas itself to get it on again.

I have created a report so maybe you can see why this happens?

a60f15e9-3721-4d30-98a5-554f020d1756

Thanks.

@Heula seems like same issue @arch4ngel has.

Will do some tests and see what is wrong.
No updates in Homey or Synology?

1 Like

@Heula @arch4ngel one thing you can try: wake on lan via your phone

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.uk.mrwebb.wakeonlan

iPhone: ‎Mocha WOL in de App Store

Hi @martijnpoppen ,

No recent updates on Synology. Homey was recently updated to 8.0.6 but no idea if that updates caused the issue. Not sure when that update was installed exactly.

@Heula strange, unfortunately I can’t reproduce the issue. As this is a local lan issue can you try to do a Homey Reboot?

Hi Martijn,
It has worked today and and yesterday after we spoke… super weird! Will monitor and see what happens. Thank you!

1 Like