[APP][Pro] Synology

Hey @Felho
Can you restart the app and try again?

Make sure Homey is in the same network as your nas (no VLAN or guest network)

restart is fix it. thanks? How to see you the synology RT2600ac app? Is it availeble soon or not?

Nice
Is that a router? Not sure…

yes synology router! You sad long time ago, this is on your list. and I just ask

1 Like

Didn’t look into it.
When i have some time I’ll check :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hallo, my humble request would be also to add support for the synology srm for the RT1900 & RT2600 routers PLEASE. A donation is possible if … :wink:

Especially the status, cpu / mem / (internet)connectionstatus and a possibility to let them restart/reboot would be very useful in the 1st place imho.

Hey @DoctorBazinga ,
Yes I will look in to it. But will probably be end of June before I can start on it. Due to moving :wink:

New app update (live: 1.9.0.):

• NEW: prepare for Homey 7.4 (move from got to axios)
2 Likes

Hi, just being curious: Where are the synology credentials, i.e. the password stored? - I read that the dev tools only show it hashed (meanwhile), but I assume that it is stored (somewhere) unhashed/unencrypted for login purposes. Besides what kind of hash method is used?
As far as I understood the syno user needs to be an admin account and (at least) DSM access is required. Are there any chances to have/use a more restrictive user type? Some kind of API-only?
Cheers, Michael

Hey @Michael_E
For the hashing theres a secret key in the codebase which ecrypt and decrypt this hash.
So once you fill in the password it Will be hashed.
For encryption i use: aes-256-ctr

In your synology you can restrict the acces to certain services for that user. As long as DSM access is there :slight_smile:

From the app I’m not changing data, only reading.
Except for the FTP part ofcourse

Hope this answers your question!

1 Like

Hi. Thx, for the quick reply. aes with IV appears sane, just thought if using an well-known IV like the Homey-specific account ID instead of the random would have done the trick, too to avoid plus concatting IV+hashed pwd in first place as seen in the code. But guess it won’t matter as long as it adds an individual salt.

So the only thing I thought about the admin user for Homey is that actually any admin user can leverage his permissions.
Even if I restrict the Homey user to DSM only, as soon as someone could compromise that user and log-in to DSM one could basically do anything by changing the permissions again.
Currently not exposing the DSM port outside of the local LAN into the internet thru firewall rules is okay as if I need that I’ll VPN into my LAN. But still I was hoping to restrict the DSM user for homey directly to not be inside the admin group. Guess time to enable 2FA eventually…

Best regards, Michael

1 Like

Yes I understand. Guess having 2FA is the way to go…

`Hallo, my humble request would be also to add support for the synology srm for the RT1900 & RT2600 routers PLEASE. A donation is possible if … :wink:

Especially the status, cpu / mem / (internet)connectionstatus and a possibility to let them restart/reboot would be very useful in the 1st place imho’

i requested that almost a year ago as new app :slight_smile:

@B3rt you did request that in the community app requests or in this topic?

Edit: found it: Homey Pro Community App Requests - #493 by B3rt

yep and indeed 1 year ago, haha

Yeah so as said above when I have time I’ll look into it. I think it would be a good adition to this app. Because there are already 2 synology apps now

1 Like

New app update (live: 1.9.1.):

• FIX: wake on lan issue due to Homey 7.4.1
3 Likes

@martijnpoppen Ik probeer de NAS opnieuw toe te voegen na verwijderd te hebben uit Homey.
Echter krijg ik de melding dat er geen nieuwe apparaten zijn gevonden …

Hey @Wout-1976
Try a app restart. That probably fixes it

1 Like

Same problem, can not add the Nas Again even whit 2FA Disabled. The 2FA I jus open the app en copy the code?