[APP][Pro] Synology

Hello John,
I made an New user in synology with less admin rights. That was the problem. So look at the admin rights.
Good luck
Groeten Ramon

1 Like

Hey Guys,
Checked to disable the tile press for the onoff. but thats not possible unfortunately.
Because itā€™s default Homey behaviour.

If you donā€™t want to turn it on/off I would suggest to enable the always on in the device settings.

@Harrr @Wout-1976

1 Like

@Ramon_Zuidgeest thx for sharing
Will add that to the FAQ. :slight_smile:

Hello Ramon,

Thank you for your reply.

I found the solution for me, which was to enable the setting ā€œEnable user home serviceā€ under the ā€œAdvancedā€ and ā€œUser Homeā€ section of ā€œUser & Groupā€. After this I could then see the ā€œhomeā€ and ā€œhomesā€ folder.

Then I re-installed the Homey Synology app and made a new test flow, and then it worked.

Have a good evening.

Take care and stay safe.

1 Like

@John_Lykke_Nielsen
Thanks for sharing Will add this too to the FAQ

1 Like

Thanks Martijn, So we have to ask to change the default Homey behaviour?

@Harrr
Im checking with Athom.
I can create a custom implementation but that will affect all users. So not the best solution :slight_smile:

Will come back on this

New app update (test: 1.8.2.):

• FIX: remove uiQuickAction for onoff
  • FIX: connect flowcards to driverID

@Harrr @Wout-1976 I managed to disable the tile press for the NAS. Via the device itself you can still turn it on or off and also via flows.

Note: to install this version click the above link and install the test version. The change is currently in review by Athom :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@martijnpoppen Wonderful, quick and very happy with that. Thank you.
Still a small remark. The icon on the smart phone does not show if the NAS is switched on or off. You could make that visible with the change in brightness of the icon?

@Harrr Because I made the change to the device tile itā€™s not possbile to show the on/off state anymore because thatā€™s connected to that toggle.

Edit: see message below

New app update (test: 1.8.5.):

• FIX: set UI tile to on/off when device on/off. Prevent click

@Harrr Fixed that too. Device tile show on off status again and it shows a message when you click on it.

2 Likes

New app update (live: 1.8.5.):

• FIX: set UI tile to on/off when device on/off. Prevent click
1 Like

Super ! thanks

Hi Martijn,

very great and useful App. Have it now running for a month or so. I noticed that the ā€œ% disk usageā€ is not updating. It is at the same value since 28 days, while I have uploaded quite a number of files during the moment. Any idea?

best regards,
Bert

Hey @Bert_Wissink

Not sure.
Can you send me a diagnostic report?

Via the mobile Homey app:

More - apps - Synology - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report

Thanks!

Here you go, Martijn.

304e0ec1-3cc5-44cc-acdf-2d7c37aaf575

1 Like

@Bert_Wissink Looks like the API is behind on the data.

Because everything is update also the timing of the API is correct. So seems like it hasnā€™t registered the diskusage yetā€¦

You might try a app restart. But donā€™t think it will do much, but worth a shot :slight_smile:

Restarted the App, but no changes :frowning:
I also see now that % CPU usage has a latest value of 10 days ago.
Same for temperature alarm, also stalling since 1 month.
Rest seems to update frequently.

@Bert_Wissink So temperature alarm is a good thing. That means that last month your NAS was not overheating :stuck_out_tongue:
And f you donā€™t have much going on on your NAS it might be correct that your CPU usage is low.

Because if the rest updates the API just works.

hi why not to add my DS415+? I use this earlyer but now not work. I deleted and want to add again but not connected. admin use 2 factor not work and same normal user not connacted.