[APP][Pro] Synology Surveillance Station 2

@Marco_Kuster please try the test version : Synology Surveillance Station 2 | Homey (green install button)

Hello Martijn,

Thanks for your quick response.

I installed the testversion but still got the timeouts. Then restarted synology, homey and the app, checked the firewall, its off. No luck.

Hope you have ideas…

Thanks, Marco

@Marco_Kuster hard to say without any information. Please send a diagnostic report

Hello Martijn,

This is diagnostic report code: d02bbe1e-a156-4900-9ac8-ddad8fee36a4

Grt, Marco

@Marco_Kuster remove the trailing slash from your url. this wont work

@Marco_Kuster if you use the synology.me url all traffic will be routed over the internet. If your Homey and Synology are in th esame network it might be better to use the local IP

@Marco_Kuster are you using the DSM url?

https://IP/cam:554 doesnt look like a valid DSM url.

Hi Martijn,

I managed to make a connection with DSM using the local IP and port 5001, and could add the camera’s afterwards.

My misunderstanding was that I should make a connection with SS directly using port 554.

Thanks for your help and patience!

1 Like

@Marco_Kuster I’ll add that to the pairing view :slight_smile:
all api related things run on the DSM url

Hi all,
Hopefully someone can help me. A couple of months ago I installed the Synology Surveillance Station2 app. I have 2 (Synology) camera’s installed and everything worked very well! Homey makes a snapshot when the doorbell rings.
But last week we had a local power outage and from here the problem begins. The router I got is from Ziggo, so this means the connected camera’s (and/or Synology Diskstation) will get a new IP address sometimes. I’ve checked this first and indeed the camera’s got a new IP address. I’ve changed the IP address in the app.
Everything looks good here, but since the power outage I cannot make snapshots anymore. It just shows the last snapshot it made. The rest works (like motion detection). I tried to restart and/or repair the app, but then only the first snapshot does work. After this it doesn’t work (same result) anymore. Also I tried to reinstall the app, but this doesn’t work. Is there someone that knows what I’m doing wrong?

@Martin_Tolseinde most of the time a Homey restart and NAS restart would resolve that issue

@martijnpoppen, thank you very much! It looks like everything works now. :partying_face:

1 Like

Hi Martijn,
The restart of Homey and NAS resolved the problem for a moment. After the restart I tried to make a snapshot and this worked. I tried this a couple of times, just to be sure. But unfortunately later that day it stopped working again; When I want to make a snapshot (or someone rings my doorbell) it doesn’t make a snapshot; it just shows the latest snapshot it made (also when I click on the ‘refresh’ button nothing changes). When I restart, everything seems to work again. But later on the day (or next day; I’m not sure) it stops. Funny thing is that the motion detection works properly, but I don’t use this (yet) in a flow.
I tried several things to make it work again, but to be honest I don’t know where to find the bug. I think it is related to Synology, so I removed the camera’s from Synology. Deleted everything in Actieregels and after this did a restart and I reinstalled the camera’s back (each also with a different name; so “Voordeur” became “Voortuin” for instance). Of course I also did this on Homey (delete the Synology Surveillance Station2 app and reinstall/restart and corrected the flow). But same result.
Like I said before: In the beginning everything worked very well and it really easy to install and use your app. It was magical to see a snapshot when someone rings the doorbell. Maybe it’s sort of a setting in Synology which was changed after the power outage?

Hi @martijnpoppen,

Still having the same issue. Can you help me with this? When I check the Synology I see that it makes pictures (it stores them on the harddisk) when someone rings the doorbell. But Homey doesn’t show the image.
Is there someone that knows what I’m doing wrong?

@Martin_Tolseinde restarting Homey and your NAS would be a possible fix

@martijnpoppen
The restart of Homey and NAS resolved the problem for a moment. After the restart I tried to make a snapshot, and this worked. I tried this a couple of times, just to be sure. But unfortunately, later that day it stopped working again; When I want to make a snapshot (or someone rings my doorbell) it doesn’t make a snapshot; it just shows the latest snapshot it made (also when I click on the ‘refresh’ button nothing changes). When I restart, everything seems to work again. But later on the day (or next day; I’m not sure) it stops. Funny thing is that the motion detection works properly, but I don’t use this (yet) in a flow.
I tried several things to make it work again, but to be honest I don’t know where to find the bug. I think it is related to Synology, so I removed the camera’s from Synology. Deleted everything in Actieregels and after this did a restart and I reinstalled the camera’s back. Of course I also did this on Homey (delete the Synology Surveillance Station2 app and reinstall/restart and corrected the flow). But same result.
Like I said before: In the beginning everything worked very well and it really easy to install and use your app. It was magical to see a snapshot when someone rings the doorbell. Maybe it’s sort of a setting in Synology which was changed after the power outage?

@Martin_Tolseinde hmm sounds like the connection between Homey and SS2 gets corrupted. When it happens again can you send a report?

Hi @martijnpoppen,

Hopefully you mean this: 56482fe2-9aa2-411e-9452-aa1d72a60b35

i have exactly the same problem, no snapshot anymore since a few days…

@widameista did you already restart Homey and your NAS?