[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

Sorry to bother you again. Movement works (takes some time to take effect). Image doesn’t work. DST always confirmed.

It sounds like they have introduced a bug in the update.
The date/time is used for the security key, hence why the app always asks for it. The ONVIF protocol states the call to get the time must not be secured as the synchronised time is used for the security key generation. It also states the time should be returned in UTC. Therefore, switching DST on shouldn’t make any difference.

Any plans to support homey cloud?

Homey Cloud doesn’t support accessing local networked devices directly.

1 Like

Hello @Adrian_Rockall,

Did you had a chance to look at my diagnostic logs ?

Best,
Jerome

I’m just back from holiday and a still a bit jet lagged, but slowly going through the backlog of issue reported over the last two weeks. Hopefully I will find it and investigate over the weekend, but if you haven’t heard back by the end of Monday then please let me know.

Ok no worry take your time! I was just not sure that I sent it properly :slight_smile:

I have looked at your log and I can see that the subscription to events is being accepted, but there are no signs of any events.
Could you clear the log and then trigger the camera to generate an event and then disable the logging then send the log again.
The app subscribes to all events and then ignores the ones it doesn’t want. So, the event should be picked up in the log even if it doesn’t understand it.

Hello,

Done thx. I trigged a person détection.

Best
Jérôme

Hello,

Im kind of new here and i am trying to connect my HikVision cameras.

The fault i get when i am trying to connect manually is this:

I am using the IP from HIKvision app. And the same port.

If the app is not discovering the camera then its sounds like it doesn’t have ONVIF enabled.
Looking at the section of the IP address that is visible, it seems you are using an Internet IP, but ONVIF will only work on a local network.

There is a lot of information in the log but right at the end I can see two events but both have the state set to false. From the timings, it looks like the camera was enabled (finished initialising) just before the events, so I presume it missed the true states.

6:1:43.447: 
## Waiting for Push events (Camera) ##
6:1:43.899: Push event token: VideoSource000
6:1:43.937: Push Event found correct Device: 
6:1:43.975: Push Event process: {

So, the event appears 453ms after the motion detecting was enabled.

So, can you makes sure that everything is enabled and has settled down, then clear the log and then trigger the motion.

Hello,

Done. I waited more than a minute before raising a détection but nothing in the.logs it seems.

Best
Jérôme

Sent another one with mouvement détection activated. Until now I had only person détection enabled. Seems that a message is received by the app but still nothing.

By the way, at some point I was able to have the snapshot tab in the app but it’s no more here since days.

Best
Jérôme

I tried everything to get REOLINK Cams to work. I can integrate them manually, but it’s crazy:

What works:

• Snapshot
  • Timestamp (every 10 secs)

What not works:

• everything else like motion alert.

What can I do, it’s crazy :man_facepalming:

Here is what capabilities on a reolink device is shown:

Can you confirm that you have the motion enabled on the button tab. A lot of users think that is just an indicator and don’t realise it’s a button.

1 Like

ok @Adrian_Rockall this was to stupid to be true :wink: Sorry, I gonna send a few coffees to you… Maybe it’s possible to optimize the labeling of this button-page (I just see german). For such stupid guys like me :smile:

I think you are correct about changing the label as you are not the first one to be caught out.
What would you suggest is a good German label?

Thanx!

Now it is:

“Bewegung erkannt” = “Movement detected”

That means, that this button changes itself on motion. Even tho it is a button, not a sensor. But what should be told is more like “this button activates the motion alert in homey” I know its too long :wink:

Sometimes in Homey I find a “?” helpfull for give more info that this is not a condition but a decision needed for stupid users like me.

Suggestion from me:

“Alarm aktivieren?” = “Activate alarm?”
“Bewegung erkennen?” = “Detect movement?”
“Bewegungs-Alarm an oder aus?” = “Activate motionalarm on / off?”
“Bewegungsalarm aktivieren?” = “Activate motion alarm sensors?”

“Auto on” direct after integrating a device could be helpfull as well?

Thanks for the suggestions, I will ponder on them and pick one.