[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

Can you also try the new test version as I have changed the id to use the camera supplied urn and only fall back to the mac if the camera doesn’t supply a urn.

It works for me with Reolink cx410 and rlc510a
Thank you🙏

1 Like

Great, thanks, works now!

I was nearly replying that test version did not work, and there might actually be something weird happening:

I have 5 similar cameras, of which 2 are not behind that problematic repeater. Here`s what happened after test app installation

1. Started to add cameras. All 5 were found.
  2. Picked one of those behind repeater and added that
  3. Continued by adding another camera. Now discovery showed just 2 cameras, the ones not behind repeater. Did not proceed adding more
  4. By chance, tried homey app on another device. Opened the same camera addition dialog, and it showed all 4 remaining cameras
  5. Tried a bit… if i try to repeat additions one by one within same app ”session”, the ones behind repeater get lost. However, if i kill the Homey mobile/ ipad app in between the additions, then i can add all 5 cameras

Br Jan

Certainly weird. I have no idea how that happens. The app sends out a broadcast message in order to discover the cameras, so maybe the repeater is blocking the duplicate broadcasts or slow to pass on the response.

I will be on holiday for two weeks, so probably won’t be responding to support request.

Not knowing how these apps work, so just wild guess: Any chance that app would be caching the discovery results/ already added devices shown on UI side and then based on wrong identifier take away from the UI list anything that matches the repeaters mac value. It kind of looks like that, because fresh restarted Homey app shows correctly unadded cameras

Br Jan

That’s basically how it works, but the new version uses the uuid returned from the camera and only falls back to the mac if the uuid is not there, so it shouldn’t see them as duplicate devices any more.

Question rephrased. If adding cameras one by one, do you retrieve the available unadded cameras every time from whole network from scratch or do you cache the situation to speed repeated additions?

Br Jan

It fetches afresh each time, so no cache is involved.

Hello,
anybody managed to connect HikVision cameras? When adding device, it is not even recognised automatically and adding it manually also doesn’t work.
Thanks in advance.

I have a HikVision camera connected. I can’t remember if I had to enable ONVIF in the camera settings and setup an ONVIF user account.

Ouch, I am not really sure what you mean. I have only access in to the application Hik-Connect or in to web Hik-Connect, could you help me please what exactly should I try to do?

I can’t see anything in the mobile app, but not sure if it would be a local thing. Unfortunately, I on holiday for 2 weeks so have no local access to it. Also, it was a few years ago when I set that one up. I can’t even remember the model. So sadly I’m not much help at the moment, but mine works and that might mean a glimmer of hope.

One other thing to check is that Homey and the camera are on the same network subnet.

Solved, it finally works. I had to allow ONVIF in every camera setting through web interface, then homey app realised all the cameras and it worked as a charm. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

I get new cameras today, so i want to add them however again im getting same duplicite error
log sent
app version 2.0.44 test

edit it work again

Hi, lately I’ve a problem with my Dahua Camera (model DH-IPC-HDW3841TP-ZAS with firmware 2.820.0000000.28.R, Build Date: 2023-03-14) and only with this 4K the camera get the block information from Homey. Till yesterday worked like a charm. The information I get with current camera is not available ONVIF SOAP Fault Sender not Authorized. Invalid username or password! You still have 29 attempt(s).: … and when I try to repair I get the message Error: Discovery error: undefined. If I cancel the camera I cannot add it again even if found on the search.
Somebody can help?

I also add this:
Dahua cam DH-IPC-HDW3841T-ZAS updated to firmware 2.820.0000000.28.R, Build Date: 2023-03-14 from firmware 2.800.0000000.11.R, Build Date: 2021-01-14. Working fine till update. After update various error. If canceled and try to add it again get the error Discovery error: undefined. Checked all the parameters in the dahua web page are all the same = no changes? Log file sent.

Have you tried to reboot the camera?

Tried to reboot the camera. Didn’t work. Tried the following: - reset to default (menu system default without users, etc.). Back to english and ok it did work. Changed basic parameter date and time and didn’t work again. Found out that if I ticked the DST didn’t work - unticked it works!!! Incredible. I also noticed that movement are not detected even if activated in Homey (previous version worked). Do you need some additional information for movement detection and/or solving the problem?