[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

It seems the camera is storing the images on their server, which is unusual but I have seen it before. But then, having directed you there to get the picture, it doesn’t provide anything.
You will need to contact the camera manufacturer to see if they can help.

Help needed to connect my dahua xvr recorder box to homey.

i get or Error:
Network request failed
or
Error: Discovery error: undefined
or
Error: socket hang up

kinda stuck here… oops

So, I presume that means you have managed to add it to the app?
Could you set the Diagnostics log level to Detailed Information then, after the error has occurred, send me the log.

I used send to developer was that the right way or do you want it here for me to paste in?

That perfect. The key to the problem is probably explained in this error message:

The ONVIF client may not support HTTPS mode. Please check the device settings or disable HTTPS in the ONVIF configuration settings and try again. If the problem persists, contact technical support

So, try checking the settings in the NVR and disable https.

been trying for days and nights. keep getting stuck and thought maybe just ask?

and it is that simple!!!

100% thanks!!

ill go check it out quickly,

maybe with some more questions in the future…

keep up the good work.

1 Like

Hello,

I juste bought an Imou Rex 3D 5MP and the application does not recognize it (test version). Full logs does not contain anything:

Log ID: 2023-09-20T20:20:27.011Z
App version 2.0.43

20:20:27.011: ====  Discovery Starting  ====
20:20:36.034: ====  Discovery Finished  ====
20:20:36.040: Discovered: []

Any Hello would be appreciated :grinning:

Thanks in advanced.
Jérôme

Is it on the same network / subnet as Homey?
Does it support ONVIF?
Is ONVIF enabled?

Hello,

Yes it’s on the same network and it supports onvif. How can I check if it’s enabled or not ?

Best,
Jérôme

I guess it will be in the settings somewhere. Unfortunately, I don’t have one of those cameras so I can’t check.
Does anyone else have that model that can help?

Thank you for your wonderful app. I have 3 cameras, but I can only get 2 of them to work. Could you please check what’s wrong with the third one? It’s a 360eyes.

Just an update that this is no longer an issue. Must have been some glitch in Andriod app, I believe.

Hello,

I don’t know why but right now, the device is discovered without touching anything!

So, let’s try it now :slight_smile:

Best,
Jerome

Hello there,

I wanted to add new cameras to my homey, however i cant add any new bcs of “duplicate_device”
I have 5 cameras added yet.
app version 2.0.42

I have tested few different brands of cameras all of them give me same error.
Every camera have static ip and i can connect to them with onvif thirparty apps.

Can anyone help me with that?
66cf1ba2-9502-4c44-a61a-42c26f6f002b

2023-09-23 11_00_41-
2023-09-23 11_02_50-Peter's Homey Pro – Opera

I have replied to the Diagnostic log message.

Ok so the snapshot works but that’s it: no other info.

I will send you a diagnostic rigth now if you could have a look when you have Time.

Best,
Jérôme

i did what you mentioned however it still doesnt work

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for great app! I wonder if you can help with my problem. I have a setup where 3 Tapo C200 cameras are located in warehouse. Cameras are connected to a Wifi- extender. Managed to set up one of the cameras but for other two, discovery did not find them and when trying manually, it reports duplicate device.
When looking at the diagnostic log can see that it`s trying add the camera using Wifi extenders MAC. Also id and urn are same, extenders.
So it looks like the first camera was recorded with extender. Is there some way to fix this?

Best regards, Jan

Can you try the test version that I have just published.