[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

Thanks to @To_Lou 's discovery of activating ONVIF in the camera settings I was now able to add my Reolink camera’s in the app.

However, I don’t get the snapshots. First I got nothing, then I activated HTTP, then got a picture in the camera, but no snapshots. Changed the snapshot URL to the one mentioned in this topic, still nothing.

To be clear, I tried sending a snapshot through a puch message and through telegram, I get nothing. If I type the URL in my browser, I actually see the snapshot. So it creates the snapshot, but it doesn’t send it.
Any idea what’s wrong?

Set the USER Snapshot URL under Camera Advanced settings(in Homey) to:

https://192.168.1.237/cgi-bin/api.cgi?cmd=Snap&channel=0&rs=wuuPhkmUCeI9WG7C&user=admin&password=xxyyzz

Changing to your password obviously.

Yes I did that, and if I visit that URL, it works. Homey just doesn’t send me the capture in neither a push message nor telegram.

Hi Adrian,

We meet again on another topic. I have a MOBOTIX M73 camera (see log that was submitted for 10.0.0.115), and it fails with a timeout of 30000ms . Any clue why it doesn’t work?

Regards
Geert

I can see two cameras are discovered on IP 10.0.0.111 and 10.0.0.114, so I guess you are trying to manually add a camera on 10.0.0.115?
Are you sure that camera supports ONVIF and that ONVIF is enabled?
I can only guess that the camera is just ignoring the ONVIF requests, which is why it is timing out.

I will come back to this over the weekend

Hello Adrian
I have HP23 with the latest firmware.
I have a Reolink Trackmix wifi, which I had already successfully integrated into Homey. A few days ago, she no longer had a connection. Repair didn’t help. Then I deleted the camera and tried to integrate it again, unfortunately without success. I then deleted the Onvif Homey app and reinstalled it, but that didn’t help either.
I tried to integrate both variants automatically and manually, without success.
I noticed the following, the IP 192.168.0.18 is displayed during automatic integration, but my camera has 81 and not 18. I always get the error message “Socket hang up”. What could this be due to? What else can I try?
Many thanks for your support.

Socket hang-up normally means that nothing has responded to the request.
Connection refused means something is there but didn’t want to talk.
Did the camera get a firmware update?
The only thing I can think of is the camera has reset and changed it’s IP address plus disabled thr ONVIF protocol.
If the camera is definitely not at .18, do you know what is there that has responded to the discovery request?

I don‘t know if it got a firmware update and i don‘t know how to check that. I will investigate…

It is defentely not at 18, it is at 81 for sure.
At 18 i find nothing…

I will check the onvif port to disable and enable.

I checked and there hasn’t been a firmware update since February, so this can’t be the reason.
I then checked the onvif port, it was activated. I deactivated it and then activated it again and now I was able to integrate the camera again.
Now I also know what’s on 18, my doorbird.
Thank you for your quick and helpful support.

1 Like

Dear Adrian,

On my mobotix m73 ip 10.0.0.115 i ensbled onvif with username and pass so it can be discovered by the app.

Unfortunately it throws an error as in screenshot. I’ve send you the log. Any idea what could be going wrong?

Hi Adrian,

I have the following flows for my Reolink camera:

However, I am not receiving a snapshot in neither Telegram nor Homey itself. If I click the camera and refresh the snapshot it works.

EDIT: while reading my post I saw the difference in ‘bewegingssnapshot’ and ‘snapshot’. Now I updated all to ‘bewegingssnapshot’ and it works!

When the motion detection is the camera is turned on, what does this exactly mean? Does it mean it ‘detects motion’ or it ‘refreshes the motion snapshot’?
Now I’m getting a snapshot for every time there is motion detected, due to the 2nd flow above.

Also, the motion alarm is working fine, but the face/cat/dog/vehicle detection is not working, any idea why?

The extra motion capabilities will only work if your camera sends the signals.

@Adrian_Rockall can you make the image update as an update event ?

Not sure I understand as there are already triggers for the Motion Snapshot Ready and Snapshot Ready.

this involves updating the image in Homey developer tools/images

The triggers I mentioned are fired when those images have been updated.
Sorry if I’m not understanding what you are asking, so could you explain how you want to use the feature you are requesting.

I use a dashboard where images are retrieved from Homey images which you can find in Homey developer tools. but they are not automatically refreshed

I have no direct control over those images as I use the API to store the image streamed from the camera. But the “Ready” triggers are fired after the images have finished streaming, so the image tag is ready to be sent off by an action card. I don’t know what else I can do.

Hello Adrian,
I could install my camera without any problem but then I get only a black picture and the log shows some errors. Can you please have a look at the log?
I already sent it to you.
Thank you in advance.