[APP][Pro] SolarEdge + Growatt TCP modbus

Confirmed that modbus isn’t available on wifi. After I asked why it used to work and suddenly stopped working… :roll_eyes:

I can confirm that connecting the inverter to utp did the trick. Thanks for the help everyone!

Hi all. in this crazy world and overloaded grid, I support now export limit control as flow and menu action ( disabled and export limit ) plus you can set the export limit in watts.
this only works when you have meters installed else it cannot measure this.

please try it out SolarEdge | Homey

thanks Edwin

1 Like

Hello
I have been using your app now for about 1 month, finally made a Ethernet connection for the inverter.
The app i working great most of the time but sometimes is looses connection with the inverter, or it stops reading new values (it don’t say there is no connection just no updated values).

After restart of Homey pro it starts working again, it does not help to restart the app.
It happens at night when the inverter is in sleep mode but not every night, once a week or something.

Any ides? or anyone else that have the same problem? Is there a fix? Maybe network problem? I have no ide where to start looking.
Best regards Dennis

yes, I noticed it myself that homey gets slower at some point. so slow that another timer is triggered when the 1st one is still running. Looks like there is some issue or leak on homey. restart of homey makes it fast again.

for that I changed the schedule to 45 seconds so it does not overlap. Can you try the above test version to see if it improves.

1 Like

1 Like

fixes memory leak

1 Like

Then it wasn’t just me that had that issue.
Ok so I will start by testing with homey 7.4.2 and if the same failure occurs I will come back here and write that and try the test version of you app.

Thank you for so fast replay!

I also got the impression that homey became a lot less responsive lately. Did you find out if it was caused by the interval or just a general issue with homey?

no clue , will do some testing.

Hi guys,
I had the intention to couple Homey with my Solaredge inverter in order to charge my electrical vehicle with my own solar production.
Reading the comments I realize that Solaredge lately stopped making modbus data available over Wifi…
Do you think it is still possible to achieve this goal using Homey?
Cheers

You could do it by using the data of your digital meter. That data is more important anyway, because you want to know how much your are returning to the net.

yes indeed P1 read your smart meter or get ethernet over your elec lines and use a cable on your invertor. but P1 is very reliable, invertor not when you also do washing machine and dryer. to really know if you consume from grid you need to add meters .

this helped a bunch! Thanks!

I have finally managed to connect my inverter via cable and everything works fine.
Am I supposed to se my consumption in the app? I have a smart meter connected.

I solved it by adding my inverter as inverter with battery.
I don’t have a battery (only smart meter) installed but I read in a post above that it should work even if no battery, and it looks ok.
If it is a easy fix for you to add a device only with smart meter it would be very appreciated, a lot of no use data in the app for me… But it works, thanks!

The app is very slow when updating data, approximately 50 sec between updates. Earlier it was much faster. Can it be something on my side?

Hi,

I managed to install the inverter in the App and it shows correct values and production but have a few questions and would be very grateful if anyone can help to explain.

I have an inverter with a LCD screen and without battery and smart meter. If that matters.

When i open the app the first thing I see is “Disabled” and “Export Control”. If I click on “Export Control” I get an error message. If I scroll page to right, I get the screen shat shows production.

My questions from first screen shot:

1. What is disabled?
  2. What is Export Control

Many thanks!

Hey I also see the slowness and rebooting homey helps. there is some leak, I think it is something on homey.

export control is to cap export on grid providers , like max something instead of the invertor max of 5 or 6k watts. in that case grid provider ask more money for every minute or you have to switch to a different level. This is a new thing which will be common in some years so they can tell the people with solar and elec cars, they have to pay more and apartment people can pay less then for the connection.

1 Like