[APP][Pro] SolarEdge + Growatt TCP modbus

I’m not receiving the production data anymore since this morning. I already tried restarting the app and restarting homey. The SolarEdge app (using cloud) in my phone (not on homey) still seems to work fine. Is there anything I can check why this is happening?

@josserke84 What is the latest software version on your Homey?
Has he updated to the 7.4.1 version?

Yes, since 12/5

A few posts above someone has reinstalled the app. Maybe that will work for you.
Don’t know if you lose you’re info at the insight page.
Or you wait a bit longer and see what happens, if it wil work again.
Maybe a PTP from Homey.

1 Like

For those also having this issue. I tried removing the device, reinstalling the app, reboot and ptp and no change. I also checked the settings of the inverter and saw nothing weird.

Diagnostic report: 379c2fe3-db33-455f-b4ca-242e7ddf10a9

yeah , somehow with 2.0.13 we see this issue , in this release only a few more triggers are added so I think it is some homey issue or your app was very behind in updates. and this was a force update or so.

but in this case, remove the devices , restart the app and add it again. It can also be invertor ip has changed , unitId is not correct plus now solaredge don’t support modbus over wif anymore.

Also it can be some other device is holding the modbus lock. this app is not, it reads and release it again.

1 Like

in your case , it is locked. maybe some other (homey) process is still keeping the lock.

[Device:e0ba391f-5388-45a4-90e7-c61855094f01] 192.168.0.24
Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 192.168.0.24:1502
    at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (node:net:1157:16) {
  errno: -111,
  code: 'ECONNREFUSED',
  syscall: 'connect',
  address: '192.168.0.24',
  port: 1502
}
Client closed
1 Like

Small update: I just gave it another try and also restarted the inverter. Both netcat and ping don’t seem to be able to connect.

I’m checking if there’s anything in my network causing issues and will contact SE after that.

ok and you are using a LAN connection? else maybe ip , port changed or maybe firewall rule.

This night’s update seems to have broken the app. Homey got updated to 7.4.1, SolarEdge to 2.0.13. My SolarEdge device is reported as “Device is unavailable”. Trying to access the settings screen gives me a blank screen with no controls (need to force-quit the Homey app to get out of it).

I got things working again by removing the device and add it again (and update all related flows to use the new device instead).

I’m using wifi (no lan connection on my inverter).
I checked the settings on the inverter and the port was correct. The ip also seems correct as I checked it on my router and AP.

I remember that a user before had issues with wifi. Due to a software update modbus over wifi was disabled.
Try to use LAN or LAN with a powerline

1 Like

indeed , they decided the modbus part over wifi is not supported anymore . you can ask solaredge howto proceed. I think there is a lan port inside your invertor but you can check your installation manual.

1 Like

Since the latest homey update or the solaredge update the app stopped working.
After several reinstallations and resets I noticed the port changed from 1502 to 502.
Changing to port 502 solved the problem.
Strange behavior…

really, weird. do you know what is your previous version of the app? will see if I forced this default somehow or homey did a force upgrade because you were behind.

Sorry, I really don’t know. But it seems unlikely that neither the app nor homey is ably to change the port number on the Solaredge invertor.

it is the default on the device creation but that is initiated by the user. it can not done by some upgrade,

Are you using wifi or cable? I checked the port on the settings of the inverter and saw that it was still 1502 on there.
I just did a test by changing the homey app to make use of port 502, but I still don’t receive data.
I’m not even able to get a response when I ping the inverter though, so I wasn’t expecting much.

it has to be cable and you can remove the device, restart the app. after that you can try nc or telnet on this port. I think they don’t respond to a ping

1 Like
nc -zv 192.168.107.25  1502
Connection to 192.168.107.25 port 1502 [tcp/shivadiscovery] succeeded!