[APP][Pro] SolarEdge + Growatt TCP modbus

Hi,
Searched a bit and i hope my question wasn’t already asked for

The “Solaredge Inverter” app works fine for me on a solaredge
Is it possible to have the “When” card: Solar power - Power already used in home = excess solar power right now / exported solar power
→ the idea is to use a flow to put some devices one when there is a certain amount of excess solar power

I see this is possible in “Solaredge + Storedge” with the “Power Export Changed (W)” card
But i don’t have any battery so i took the simple “Solaredge Inverter” even if i’m still exporting power

thanks!

@Viking42

If you have advanced flow installed, there is a simple solution using a logic calc.

APP settings; IP fixed and portno. 502?

Yes.
I don’t understand one things.
What ip address i heve to use?.. i mean, the inverter ap is in a different subnet:192.168.200.1, my home network is 192.168.0.1… how can they communicate?!
Othet things, inverter ID?

Thank you

Well, Inverter id should be 1 (unless anyone else listening and say otherwise) But why 2 subnets?
And second, do you have 2 routers or 1 who deals with dhcp for the 2 subnets?

you need at least meters on your inverter , batt is not needed for this.

looks like you have a vlan and you need to define some security rules.

or put homey on the same subnet as your inverter

or check your p1 meter , if you do export.

I have just one router, but the inverter has his own network… like you use it for the first configuration or for exemple I used this guide to enable the modbus: https://forum.huawei.com/enterprise/en/modbus-tcp-guide/thread/667250677153415168-667213868771979264
As you see, you need to connect to the wifi hotspot so the inverter ip is 192.168.200.1

I tried with “home assistant” and I had to connect the pi4 via cable to my router and wifi to the iverter hotspot and i was able to read the data.

I suppose that I need to do the same things with homey? so I guess I need the network network adapter in order to do it.

The setup won’t work unless you change the IP of the router, being part of the MAIN subnet, same for the homey etc. etc. , like Edwin said : put homey on the same subnet as your inverter, but strongly advice to put everything in the same subnet unless you known what you’re doing with Vlan which is not in this topic.

Today I got a second Solaredge inverter. It is configured as secondary inverter and connected to the existing (primary) inverter.

All data seems to be fine except Solar- and battery power and Consumption, which are both negative, i.e. it seems as if the power of the second inverter is subtracted.

In the Solaredge app all the data is correct and only the primary inverter is connected to the net, so it should have all the correct data.

Any idea what can be done to get the correct data?

can you send me a report. will check

are they combined or as modbus id 2.

do both have batteries maybe it is charging the 2nd one , to balance them out.

They are connected via Modbus cable. There is one primary inverter (with the battery connected, Modbus ID 3) and one secondary inverter (without battery connected).

Right now I’m digging through the Modbus documentation, but I’m unable to find anything regarding consumption. What register are you using and where did you find it in the documentation? I’m looking at that document.

I’m sending a report now.

"power_ac": [0x9c93, 1, 'INT16', "Power"],
        "power_ac_scale": [0x9c94, 1, 'SCALE', "Power Scale Factor"],

it is solar pv or when with batt it is solar pv - charge batt + discharge batt.

now it ok when the battery is full.

power_ac 3034 0 Power
power_ac_scale 0 xxx Power Scale Factor
batt1-instantaneous_power 0 xxx Instantaneous Power
batt1-soe 98 xxx State of Energy [SOE)

Is the inverter connected via WLAN or network cable? What kind of IP does the router show for the inverter?

It seems that the inverter is NOT connected, only used as hotspot for installation purposes. In any case it needs to be connected to the same subnet as the homey, hardwired (preferred) or wifi, otherwise it will never function.

I have a Huawei Inverter and battery. Since the Huawei Solar app stopt working I installed the SolarEdge modbus one. Unfortunately, no luck in retrieving my data.

My invertor is connected via WLAN on the same network as my Homey, same subnet. DHCP is disabled in the invertor. Modbus TCP is turned on and set to unlimited. In the SolarEdge modbus app I entered the IP of the invertor, the port and the Inverter ID.

The post, I used the default. For the Inverter ID I used the value I found in RS485_1 > Com-Adres. And I reconnected to the WLAN after turning off DHCP.

All this and still no data shown in the solaredge app. Any idea what I need to do to make this work?

can you send me a diagnostic report. we can continue from there.

Please check mine also: 6a659fd6-1eec-43e3-8ffe-74b306e76fe5

1 Like