[APP][Pro] SolarEdge + Growatt TCP modbus

lets continue this from a direct message and setup this vpn . I will make a test script.

Ok, please send me a Message wenn we can start.

Hi,
Is it possible to decrease time before getting a new modbus updates from Growatt inverters or is this a set time from the inverter sw?
Want if possible less than each 20sec when reading locally.
Can confirm that modbus readout worked for a MOD 10KTL3-X inverter also :slight_smile:

we can tweak it a but when you have a plain inverter. When you have meters and a battery probably not. also depends on your modbus device, maybe wifi has more overhead than a cable. Everything is now a safe limit.

can try to make it a setting on the device, but don’t expect 2 seconds or so. plain inverter needs around 5 seconds, probably 10 seconds can be stable.

What is your use case that you need less than 20 seconds.

nice → worked for a MOD 10KTL3-X inverter

Hi,
I was maybe mostly curious about where the limitation was.
I would really like a setting to adjust polling time just to test. With maybe a warning text like you wrote.

I was hoping to get the measurements a bit more in “sync” with the iotawatt and Shelly devices I have.
And still learning about the subject of modbus and rs485 communication.

I have everything on Ethernet for my inverter both the lab stick and RS485 into a wired connection the my switch.

Any chance your app will also support slave devices like the generic Modbus app? I’m asking because I’ll get a second inverter in the next months.

it depends, if second inverter has its own ip (independed), just add another. also if it has the same ip and different modbus id it should also work.

anything else I need to check with you and it can be slow reading all the registers.

1 Like

I referred to the way the Modbus app accessed the slave device. In my understanding only the master is connected via TCP and it forwards any request to the slave device via ordinary Modbus.

ok, if it has a different modbus id it can work. maybe you get pull conflicts because 1st inverter is busy for a few seconds or other way around. own ip is better . modbus app has it easy and only doing this 1 request

Hi,

I also have a Huawei Inverter plus battery, and can probably help with som testing if needed. I really look forward to get some support for Huawei Modbus over TCP in your app. The progress in the “Huawei Solar” app seems to be extremely slow, and I don’t think that that developer is up for the task tbh. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Yes please! :slight_smile: Would love Modbus over TCP for Huawei in Homey. I already have it up and running in Home Assistant, but would like to use some Advanced Flow’s in Homey to control things with. I also use Modbus over TCP to control my FTX and Swimspa, so have some experience from the user perspective at least. Not a developer myself, unfortunately. But can assist with some testing.

@Jonas_Sorskog
It is currently connected to a Huawei PV system so that Edwin can test it.
Do you have the option of activating your system for an external one?
Access to your PV system from outside

I can only access the inverter from the outside, via Home Assistant atm. The Fusion Solar system I can of course access from Huawei Cloud service, but that is not whats needed here more than to confirm any settings changed via Modbus possibly.

To be able to access it via Modbus over TCP from any other system, I probably need to disconnect it from HA first and find a VPN solution. I think only one connection works at a time.

You received an invitation for the Huawei TCP thread.
We can write about the testing via VPN there.

using solaredge AND statement “inverter power higher than” returns error

I’m trying to determine if the power being generated is higher than 7000W, if yes charge car with 9A, if no, check if power is > 4000W, if yes charge with 5A, if no do nothing

I assume I need to use the inverter power higher than card, and set it to 4000, but it returns the error Flow Card not registered (type: condition, id: solarcharge)

What does it mean?

Cheers for any help

thanks will check it, I think on the compare I made some mistake, for now you can also use 1 of the logical flow ones.

found it , I fixed it, probably tonight or tomorrow will give the test version where this is fixed.

here it is SolarEdge + Growatt TCP modbus | Homey should work now

2 Likes

You are a legend!

It works great, Thanks for your quick reply and actions!

1 Like

Don’t know if this is the right place for it, but how would I go about creating a variable that shows the average power generated in the past 5 minutes?

I would like to use that to switch on/off the EV charging and determine at what amperage it should charge

Cheers!

2 Likes

I use Insight Trends Reloaded. for that.

1 Like