[APP][Pro] SolarEdge + Growatt TCP modbus

Did a test (low solar power) and the flow is working.
You made my day!

1 Like

@Edwin_Biemond, question about this. Is this setting only for the solaredge? I pressume it is since we made the export limit function available for the growatt. Correct me if I’m wrong.

yes only solaredge and yours only growatt , I can add filters to flows to specific device types.

Not sure about the actual change since our latest tests but does this require a new device creation? I’m really deep in the flows now with my current device.

no change is required for you, you can upgrade with no diff for your device. also for solaredge this activepower was already there

Sorry for the late response.

Just tested it with a flow and it is working correctly.
I was wondering if it would possible to add a random number as percentage in then flow instead of the four predefined ones?

Great work!

yes I can do that, only do triggers and show it as a sensor on device , already got a crash report from someone who did 99

Ow okay.
Then leave it this way.
So we can use it with these 4 predefined percentages and get some experience with it.

Thank you so much!
Can I buy you a beer?

no you are right, will change it , have to support 0-100 because if you change from solaredge menu it crashes when you use different values… like someone did with 99

@Arnold_vd_Linden @Mike_de_Vries

Edwin,

Could you tell me which version is actually published (so normal) and which version you are testing now. I run the 3.0.31 test version now, lost count with the additionals since our last test.

I just updated the app and get this error when i select the Export Control option

normal is still the same as before we started , test is latest greatest and nothing is changed on yours.

you got a battery or meters installed? nothing has changed for this active limit as number · biemond/solaredge.modbus@dfc803a · GitHub

let me check this.

I have no meters or battery.
Also tested it with a flow and that is working i.e. with 15%.

1 Like

there was a version where we tried this and never worked on normal solaredge device. you need meters for this.
here I removed it again remove export · biemond/solaredge.modbus@8d87add · GitHub. it was removed again on version 3.09

I don’t understand.
It was working before. Then the flow cards were added and it gave an error.

How to go on now?

it could never work on solaredge without meters. you need to know own consumption for export limits. that why we did activelimitpower instead. if you want it back, install the solaredge with battery device. I will still check if you have meters and batteries and should still work.

I think we have a misunderstanding.

In the beginning we had this:

That was working fine.
Then the flow cards were added and the option menu in the screenshot is gone.

So I don’t understand what this has to do with powermeters and battery. Because it is not necessary to have these for using active power limit.

Why is active power limit not accessible from the menu?

it was about

get this error when i select the Export Control option

for active power limit
yes, I added this as a test so you were able to test this easily. replaced it now with a flow action and allow now every value from 0 to 100. the slider was not working fine with 0 to 100, no label and hard to see, Enum with 25% steps was too restricted and received crash reports of people who used 99% .

so now only by flow trigger actions. so you can do power by the hour, check for minus 19c and do active power limit to 0% or calculate your own consumption with some P1 device and do 12% for example.