[APP][Pro] Solar Panels - Let the sun power your home

Thank you for your answer, unfortunately don"t have much choice here, as companies around me don’t offer those brands… and those that does, have “waiting time 6 and more months” just to visit you to check if it’s possible to install solar panels… but I also don’t like Cloud communication, this is the reason I choose Homey Pro 3 years ago… ;-(((

The alternative is to keep the inverter disconnected from the internet, and install a smart meter in your panel that is able to communicate with Homey. I might have some suggestions depending on where you live.

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m having trouble installing my solar panels from enphase. I’m trying to add my enphase envoy (that is up in thet network and accesable in my browser), but it gives me the message that it could not find any devices. Is there a workaround, fix of do i need to do things the other way? I had it working in the past but due to dhcp instead of fixed ip it was not finding the device anymore so deleted it and now it cannot find a device again.

If i try to use the api version instead of the envoy i get an Error : [object Object]

You should not need static IPs, Homey handles discovery of the Enphase Envoy by itself through mDNS. You do need to make sure mDNS traffic from the Enphase reaches Homey. Do you have Homey and the Envoy on different subnets, by any chance?

They are on the same subnet and the acces points and enphase are in the same switch/ vlan. disabled ids/ips etc. still no devices found.

fixed!! a setting in the aruba 305 acces points was wrong wich was blocking mdns.

Hi @Diederik,

would be possible to extend your app for Solax? I have Solax and I need to control flow based on it. But currently I get only two values, which I can´t use.

https://www.solaxcloud.com/proxyApp/proxy/api/getRealtimeInfo.do?tokenId=xxx&sn=yyy

This is response:

{
"success": true,
"exception": "Query success!",
"result": {
"inverterSN": "xxx",
"sn": "yyy",
"acpower": 0,
"yieldtoday": 0,
"yieldtotal": 122.5,
"feedinpower": 0,
"feedinenergy": 3.94,
"consumeenergy": 546.64,
"feedinpowerM2": 0,
"soc": 98,
"peps1": 2762,
"peps2": 1405,
"peps3": 187,
"inverterType": "5",
"inverterStatus": "107",
"uploadTime": "2022-05-18 14:50:12",
"batPower": 207,
"powerdc1": 1646,
"powerdc2": 1371,
"powerdc3": null,
"powerdc4": null
}
}

Solax Api is here:

If it is anything I can do to help, let me know.

Thank you
Michal

1 Like

Heya!

Is this something that could be added to the app? Going to receive a Fox-ess inverter in a month or 2 so would be awesome :grin:

1 Like

FYI (and I created an issue @ git)

Hi Homey’s,

The app (v4.6.3) crashes since Homey is running v7.4.x RC firmware. I use a Growatt inverter.
It all ran fine since september 2020, so it’s probably due to an Athom related change.

I’m not sure it’s the RC firmware, but I’m sure it’s occurs since v7.4.x

Does anyone recognize this?

No, runs smoothly on 7.4.2

Just for people that are interested in registering how much money your panels are producing, even with hourly changing rates (like with Tibber, FrankEnergy, etc), see the how-to here: [APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year - #637 by Gruijter

1 Like

Hello, I’ve been using this app for a few weeks now with a Huawei inverter, but a few days ago the app didn’t show the correct numbers (last update was days old).

I deleted the device and tried to put it back in, but now I have an error when I enter the ip address (it’s static) : “error: connect EHOSTUNREACH” follow by the ip adress and the port numer 502.

Also tried to install the app again, but still the same issue. Anyone got an idea what the problem might be?

I run homey v.8 0.2 and v.4.6.3 of this app. The issue appeared before I updated to Homey v.8…

You sure it’s still having the same IP?

Yes, I just checked one again in my modem.

UPDATE:
I found this script related to my inverter brand and model. Maybe someone can use it for adding the Riello inverters to the app. I would appreciate a lot to have it added someway!

Thanks everyone!!

Hi, Last few days/weeks I have issues with Homey/Solar Panels and my two Omnik inverters.
Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t show the values. When I press the icon it tells me “Error retrieving data…”.
The IP address is correct and manually I can connect.

I have the latest version of the Homey Pro firmware and version 4.6.3 of Solar Panels.

Any idea?

I have issues connecting to the growatt server, anyone got this problem too?

I have model: HUAWEI SUN2000-10KTL-M1 and I have the problem mentioned already, I cannot add it via IP address and I get this error message. I have read the instructions in the app and they are met.

I’m unable to connect to my Enphase panels. Is this because developer.enphase.com isn’t allowing new accounts? They seem to push new ‘developer accounts’ to developer-v4.enphase.com?

Just installed solis inverter with solis cloud login. Have anyone managed to add ut to Homey?

2 Likes