[APP][Pro] Solar Panels - Let the sun power your home

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the input again, I’ve already tried both but the Growatt Native doesn’t support the inverter and the SolarEdge + requires a TCP Modbus in order to work, which will come at an extra cost.

If it’s not possible in any other way, then I might go through the process of adding a TCP modbus :man_shrugging:

Maybe off topic but is it possible to go through Solar-Assisant.io?

YW!
There’s more, but comes with additional costs

Around E50,- Easy installation while you don’t have to fiddle with the converter wiring
https://www.shelly.cloud/en/products/shop/em-120a

E60,- 1 phase kWh meter

I use the E30,- Homewizard P1 dongle, not shure if it works with your energy meter.
It does not show solely the PV output, but the current usage subtracted from it.

I can check - please pass me your (Growatt) account credentials through slower_04_machete@icloud.com.

1 Like

If anyone wants to try, support for newer Envoy firmware is on the branch feature/envoy-v7 (GitHub - DiedB/Homey-SolarPanels at feature/envoy-v7). You can install it on your Homey through the Homey CLI (only recommended for power users). Feedback is appreciated.

1 Like

Just got my Homey, I am afraid that I am not ready for Homey CLI yet :worried:, when you have a test version I would love to help out.

Same - happy to help out testing, but this Homey CLI is too much for me

I installed the app by CLI and added the envoy-2 device with my Enphase credentials. But still the “An unknown error occurred while fetching inverter data” message.

The App just Auto updated to Version 5.2 today. Is there any way to downgrade to an older version. I‘ve integrated the App and my KOSTAL inverter to some flows. Would be sad if I couldn’t use these anymore.

Or is there any way to bring back Kostal support in the newer versions? I’d totally be willing to buy a coffee, or some coffees if that helps. Thanks!

1 Like

a bit OT, a thought: when you don’t like surprises, turn auto update off, and install updates yourself after reading the changelog.
Only, this system goes down the drain when you restore a cloud backup. The backup only holds links to your app in the appstore, and the current versions of your get installed from the appstore.

Unfortunately with this 5.2 official version I still get the error ‘invalid notation’ when trying to add a Enphase Enlighten system.

Hi there,
I would love to thank you very much.
I have a Iq8 system and it works perfect!

1 Like

Installed the solar panels app, used envoy v7 and it works. :partying_face:

1 Like

I’ve installed the 3phase kWh meter from HomeWizard, which I tagged as ‘solar panels’ in the Homewizard app, and is recognised as solar panels in that app.
Homey recognises this device, but just as a regular negative power device.
Would be great if ‘Solar Panels’ app would recognise this one as solar pannels: this device is always actual and fast.
(Or should Homey already recognise it as solar panels and did I configure something wrong, and should I move the question to the Homewizard app thread? )

This would be something for the HomeWizard app thread. They can dynamically assign the device a ‘solarpanel’ class. I think it’s not something you are doing wrong.

2 Likes

@Astra77 Could you make an issue for this in the GitHub repository, linked from the store page. Will pick it up.

Done. Thanks for looking into it.

Same - envoy v7 is working now! Thanks a lot for all the efforts!

@Diederik working for me 2. Is there an option to connect via the installer username/password ?
Maybe you can extract more information ? not sure if it’s usefull?

It’s working for me as wel here with software version 7.6.175. Thanks Diederik.

Thanks to your tip I’ve now installed the testversion and that works! Excellent, thanks!