[APP][Pro] Solar Panels - Let the sun power your home

Yeah, I find a a quite strange behavior as well, especially as there are not more people with the same problem. Maybe I can contact Growatt somehow to see what is going on…

Very much interested in that too!
Seems like more Homey users are looking for Ginlong/Solis support in the Solar App.

It looks like the support has been removed in the newer versions.

4 Likes

I still have the problem regurarly. Half way the day my growatt acount get blocked for the rest of the day. Only system using the API is Homey. But it uses it for two inverters, anybody has the same problem? Or has two inverters in homey and no problem?

Last Saturday I migrated to homey pro 2023. Everything works fine it seems, only form my two inverters, only 1 seems to work in homey after the migration. The other one still shows the data from saturday before migration. When I try to add it again I get an error:

“invalid json response body at http://server-apr.growatt.com/error.do?errorMess=errorNoLogin reason: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 2”

Did anyone else add a growatt inverter to homey pro 2023 succesfully?

Does the Growatt app ‘see’ your inverters?
https://homey.app/a/com.growatt.server/
Or
https://homey.app/a/solaredge.modbus/

1 Like

No, those apps won’t work with the “standard” growatt inverters

Anybody here who can try the following for me:
-On a homey pro 2023
-add device
-choose solarpanels
-choose growatt
-login with growatt inlog
-reply here if you get the same error as I do

PS no need to remove existing device first or anything like that
PSS It does work for me on my homey pro 2019

Hello everyone. I regularly check if the app will be compatible again with version 4 of the Enphase API. It seems that it is no longer progressing surely due to lack of time on the part of the developer. All my system planned to trigger according to solar production will not succeed. Does anyone have a solution that works (even through another home assistant type system) to recover the data (at least production every hour between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. (it must pass within the limits of the API )

Dag iedereen. Ik controleer regelmatig of de app weer compatibel is met versie 4 van de Enphase API. Het lijkt erop dat het niet langer vordert, zeker vanwege tijdgebrek van de kant van de ontwikkelaar. Al mijn systeem gepland om te activeren volgens de zonneproductie zal niet lukken. Heeft iemand een oplossing die werkt (zelfs via een ander systeem van het type thuisassistent) om de gegevens te herstellen (minstens productie elk uur tussen 8.00 uur en 20.00 uur (het moet binnen de limieten van de API gaan)

Waar haal ik mijn API-key vandaan van mijn Enphase systeem? Heb alleen en User-ID beschikbaar.

Api key haal je volgens mij hier vandaan en sign up: https://developer-v4.enphase.com

Ik krijg de enlighten versie niet werkend en de envoy versie werkt ook niet.
Het lijkt mij handiger dat de ontwikkelaar(s) de Enphase integratie weghalen uit de store, totdat de integratie gewoon werkt.

I think you can get the API key from here and sign up: https://developer-v4.enphase.com

I can’t get the enlighten version to work and the envoy version doesn’t work either.
I think it would be more convenient if the developer(s) remove the Enphase integration from the store until the integration just works.

So, tonight I’ve started with my Homey 2023. Downloaden and installed the test version, but when I want to add my UserID it says ‘use the correct notation’ (gebruik de vereiste notatie).

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong? I’ve taken the UserID from the enlighten webpage and the same UserID works with the old version on my older Homey… bug in the test app…?

@Ri_Bu My Enphase system has software version 5.xxx and is working fine.
So why remove the Enphase support if it is not working for you?

1 Like

It was probably another case of PEBCAK :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I would say, enjoy 5.xxx while it lasts and make sure they can’t push the newer 7.xxx firmware.

After the 30th of September 2023 it will probably be best that you at least have a firmware that works with the new v4. (The end of life for Enphase API v2 has been extended from August 15, 2022 to September 30, 2023, effective October 1, 2023 , API v2 will be phased out and not available to any customers)

After this, we all need to switch to API v4 which only has access to the local API via a cloud token. And with the new V4 API plans you only get around 30 free API calls per day.

Yes. I have read that. If so I have to find something else to use.
Maybe a RPi.

Enphase support for newer API versions is being worked on, hopefully ready this week.

5 Likes

:tada: :partying_face:

Is there a chance for old omnik

@Diederik could you look into adding support for growatt sph3600 inverter as well.
I’d be happy to donate a few € for your work :blush:

Might be interesting to check out, there’s two other apps for (certain) Growatt models → first app, other app