[APP][Pro] smpl products - Battery powered e-ink display

Please check if your display fw version up-to-date?
see guide in the online manual:
If your order number > 2922 (sept 2023), then you have the latest firmware/Zigbee stack.

Yeah, order nr is 3700+ so that should not be the issue. Have tried many things. Restart system remove battery added other ZigBee devices ++. But I have not been able to detect the device. :confused:

Contact support via the webpage and use the mandatory support form.

I also have one display that was working perfectly and can no longer pair it. I also tried using Ikea devices and does not work. Can someone confirm if the issue will be fixed after the update that is currently in experimental?

1 Like

1/ Make sure to have the latest firmware/zigbee stack update on your smpl mini display (all information is available in the online manual)
2/ Install the latest experimental Homey Pro 2023 firmware
3/ Make sure you have at least one Zigbee router device close to your Homey Pro 2023 to have smpl connect via this device and bot directly to Homey Pro

Then you should be just fine🙏🏻

Why do I need a zigbee router?
The smpl display was designed for Homey, so it should also work with Homey, without other intermediate hardware…
So Homey’s beta firmware isn’t ready yet…

2 Likes

I don’t know. It just happens to be helpful for some users with problems.

Having said this, it is always recommended to build a strong and reliable Zigbee mesh with a good router/enddevice ratio.

Ps! smpl mini display is developed for Homey Pro following Zigbee 3.0 standards.

1 Like

Firmware v11.1.0 out, did no difference for me. Still not able to connect my displays. Now i am really tiered of this and will throw them away. Crappy homey and smpl!

2 Likes

Unfortunately nothing has changed for me, the problem still exists with the latest firmware version of Homey Pro 11.1.0

1 Like

I too am disappointed that the new Homey firmware still can’t get my expensive smpl to work.
The display still cannot be paired with Homey…
I don’t want to buy an additional Zigbee router through which the smpl display communicates with Homey…

Now I will be mr partypooper.

I emailed homey support to ask of there is anything to do and they say the cant do anything now. Its not on their side and they blame silicon labs. I will try to sell my displays, mabey someone with another solution have use for them.

@Roger_K @Daniel_Lofgren @Matthias_1
…and your displays have the latest smpl firmware 1.19 and Zigbee stack 1.17.2?

No, updating the firmware keeps failing for me, regardless of which cable and whether I use Windows 10 or 11. It’s very frustrating. I also bought an extra Lidl Zigbee plug, but this is also not possible to connect to the Homey Pro.

I will give the update firmware a try of course.

The new firmware finally did it for me. I could pair through a Ikea bulb, but when that was remove no luck. Today it was possible to add SMPL again without it.

1 Like

Hey Claus, What firmware version do you have on your SMPL display?

How did you proceed? Did you delete the displays completely from Homey or reconnect them using the repair function?

Hi Matthias

I did a “repair”. I had to power cycle SMPL and then pressing the button on the back. I had to repeat the process because of time out.
I just left it for a long time. Then I saw SMPL saying that it was connected and waiting for data. But Homey web said it could not connect!
I started my flow, and now the display is updated.

Do not know the FW version. But it was bought in December last year, so I’m 95% sure it is the latest version.

1 Like

Firmware history (from the online manual)

• Pre-production : Version 1.15
  • Order# < 2129: : Version 1.18
    Graphic adjustments and power optimization
  • Order# 2129-2922: : Version 1.19
    Reset function
  • Order# > 2922: : Zigbee stack 1.17.2
    Better connectivity/less impact from interference

Hi Martin,

I’ve update one of my devices, but still no luck on both of them. Any tips what I can try next?

Or is it just sit and wait on the next homey firmware update?

They will not do anything. The response I got today

“We cannot change much more on our side to make things work better with the SMPL display. Every now and than we receive a Zigbee firmware update from Silicon Labs (the manufacturer of our Zigbee chip) which we’ll use, but we cannot adjust anything in the Zigbee firmware ourselves.”