[APP][Pro] smpl products - Battery powered e-ink display

Hi Roger,
The smpl firmware upgrade will NOT solve the issue. It is related to the recent Homey Pro 2023 firmware update and only Athom can solve it.
Please read the smpl online manual to find out your current smpl firmware version.

1 Like

Don’t care now for matter , would be nice if they do a rollback on beta or edge . after I can disable the homey update until it is fixed.

1 Like

@Nitramevo @Roger_K @Daniel_Lofgren

SMPL was my first device with ZigBee
After the update of Homey Pro early 2023 to version 10.3.0
My 3 displays were no longer reachable.
App deleted and reinstalled, displays removed.
Re-adding the displays no longer worked.

Added an Ikea Tradfri lamp to Homey today via the “IKEA Trådfri App”
The SMPL display could then be added again to the SMPL App.
Everything works as usual again.

Itt’s simple :smiley:

5 Likes

@Peter_van_Meer I have just succesfully repeated your action:
It seems like the new fw release makes it impossible to pair smpl directly to Homey Pro. It requires a zigbee router device (mains powered) connected to HP23 before smpl can connect and update.

1 Like

Looks like generic sentence, because I have got it too, but response was a day later :slight_smile: (with no solution :smiley: )

I have like 8 router devices (and HP 2023 which not nearest device) around SMPL display… and I cannot get it working right. Tried to remove display, pair it once again, but with no success - right now display says that its connecting, but Homey doesn’t know about any connection - so I got timeout.

1 Like

Tried this with a Hue bulb I don’t use anymore. I added it direct to Homey as a Zigbee device and also via the Huewithout the bridge app. But still I was unable to add the smpl display again. I did reset the bulb before adding. My other Hie bulbs are connecte via the Philps Hue app with the bridge.

Als a Zigbee trust / Klik aan klik uit didn’t work to solve it. Maybe somtehing specific with the IKEA bulbs.

1 Like

Did you reinstall the SMPL app?

Yes, I did remove the app and installed it again.

I did remove app, add bulb, install app, try adding display again and also remove app, install it again, add bulb, try adding display again. Both with the same result, unable to pair.

So the way to get the smpl display up and running again is to buy a Ikea Tradfri lamp ? When should we expect at update on the homey software?

I can connect mine, but it will not receive any data. I’ve got a Homey pro 2019.

contact smpl support via the website and remember to include the support form

contact smpl support

1 Like

contact smpl support for help

Wouldn’t be much use as I understand that Athom has to fix it.

3 Likes

Anyone got any news?

YES.

Discovered something!!
Adding a display by a MacBook didn’t work.
Then I tried the iPhone app this was the solution for me. Within 30 seconds connected.

I have also had problems with my display losing connection and not connecting again a couple of times lately. But after rebooting my Homey Pro and removing the batteries it is possible to reconnect it with the Homey Pro.

did you have to delete something to do this?